How do you do a cold approach?

Well ShySoul, there are many more things that are discouraged, like who you hang out with for association, etc. Its about protecting yourself from others that may not share the same moral and spiritual boundaries. but the way it goes is if someone frankly dosent like it, theres the door. Well I dont want the door. But thats a worst case senario. In fact they mentioned it today. Its just strongly discoraged, much opposition. The marrage would be respected if it happened, but it wouldnt be blessed. Im going to do the best that I possibly can with my shyness and try to do things by the book.

There's my problem, why shouldn't it be blessed? I was taught that God loves everyone, and wants people to be happy. If two people are both good people and being together makes them happy, what possible reason would God have to not bless it? It would be one thing if one person was beliving in something obviously wrong, like slavery or worshipping Satan. But if the person believes cares the same core values, why does it matter? I believing in loving other, helping those in need, forgiveness, doing whats right, respecting others, treating others as I would want to be treated, I don't lie/cheat/steal, I do plenty of volunteer work... I just don't happen to go to church or choose to solely label myself with anyone religion. I'd rather see unity in all religions. Why shouldn't someone with those values, not have their marriage blessed? And does it really matter of the church blesses it, cause in the end, I still think God would bless it.

Shy:

Theres a scripture in the bible that talks about marrying only in the lord. Actually, if you type "marry in the lord" in the search engine alot of stuff will come up. Read this link.link removed

Anyway, not to get off topic, caldus, I did see this one girl that would smile at me as she walked by every day. But I didnt have the balls to stop her and talk to her. I did start smiling at her when I did see her. Im going to just try smiling at girls to begin with and see where that goes.

Anne24, I never thought of the 2 hours like that, maybe your right!

Dude, just practice starting with eye contact and smiles and perhaps the odd "hi".

The sequence might be something like this:

Eye contact would be a 3-5 second look (not too long) in the eyes, then a smile at the 3-4 second mark, perhaps a "hi" if she smiles back or even a raised eyebrow and then a quick look away, then a look back to see if she is still looking or smiling. Then approach with a smile and say:

"Hi there, I noticed we noticed each other, how is the conference going for you", ... , "Yeah?, where you from", ..., "Cool, I'm _______", ... , "Yeah? Me too!!", ... , "No way!, Me too!!", ... blah blah blah...

These are all strangers anyway, you probably won't see them again, nothing wrong with practicing and even getting a few shy girls that immediately look away and never giving you eye contact again. Forget them. They aren't secure enough for you anyway.

Just try it out, what's the worst that could happen?

P.S. Shysoul, if you went out with the girl in question, eventually got married, had kids, would your children be raised in her religion and you would go to her church/institution as a family? (clearly you don't go now)