I need help, please . . . .

Dying, excellent job! I'm so proud of you… you managed to sort of get him to want more…I know the ldr think might be really tough..i feel the stress of it as well… but maybe it will work out in the future..and maybe your being so far away will either find that he's not that big of a deal to you…or he'll start to realize how much he cares about you….i think you should take this next week that you're not going to see him to pamper yourself and try to enjoy life and your children and hopefully the good weather…then you'll deal with him next week when you see him…just stay strong and calm and patient J.

I agree though, it's not fair that they hold all the balls in their court, it really sucks for us…but we don't have to stick around moping an waiting…I know I'm waiting but I'm trying to at least have fun while I'm doing it, and hoping that I'm having a better time that the dummy that gave me up….i hope you do the same…

Gradle, How right you are. I seem to be feeling okay for the time being. My kids are actually going to be gone for the summer. They go stay with their dad (who lives in Germany) every year for the whole summer so that I can have some free time. So come Monday, I'm truly going to be alone . . .. . . . .. .

You mentioned that you are moving to DC???? Where in DC???? I am currently there, but leaving soon. Will you get here before I go?

hey dying,

i'm not sure yet exactly...all i know is that my security clearance finally went through...so i'm just awaiting more news ...all i know is that my job is in teh dc area (which could mean dc, va, md, etc) kind of crazy huh? well this alone thing might be good! you could do all the things that you wanted to do, go have drinks with friends, take up a new hobby....it might work out ok...just come post if you get lonely...

if i make it dc in the next few weeks maybe we hsoudl coordinate a meet it would be nice to see a face behind all of these posts

I just talked to him and he's going to some cookout tonight with his roommate at his roommate's g/f's house. He said he didn't know who was going to be there except for the g/f's roommates . . . . . . . I'm panicking. I know I shouldn't. I have plans tonight too, but they don't include going out. Just shopping with a friend. I'm scared he might meet someone else and decide that he doesn't want to be with me. He also said he may end up spending the night over there . . . . . that doesn't make me feel good either. I'm so sick to my stomach now. I just want to throw up.

I have to go now. Wish me luck everyone.

Hey Dying,

Try to relax and not panic, like Gradle said. You guys have spent 9 months apart already, there was always the potential that could happen. We hope it doesn't, as he has told you that he wants to work things out with you, but it is always a possibility.

Try to remember to keep calm when you talk to him, a clingy and insecure woman does not come accross as attractive. You want to remain mysterious and do your own things as well, keep him interested and intrigued.

Hang in there, and enjoy your shopping! It's good therapy for you.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, here I am again. Sorry I've been away. I have been packing, and traveling to find a new house and trying to get everything in order before I finally move.

Today was a HORRIBLE day. My ex and I had been trying to make things work, well, he told me today that he knew 3 weeks ago (when we started talking again) that it wasn't going to work but that he enjoyed hanging out with me, so he figured he would. My heart is CRUSHED. I really put everything into the last few weeks trying to show him how much I love him and then I hear this. He's been here 4-5 nights a week, we've been intimate and then he tells me this. I guess he just used me. God do I feel bad. It hurts, its killing me. I had so many plans for him and I. I didn't push it because I wanted to make sure that things could work first, guess I was wrong. I should have known it wouldn't work. My neighbor came over today and I told him about everything. He said I don't deserve this. That I deserve better. That he should have told me when we tried to make it work out that he didn't see it working. He said my ex used me to get what he wanted and that's it.

I want to call him, I want to txt him. I said some really mean things to him today and I told him to NEVER contact me again. That I hate him. But I do want to hear from him. He won't contact me. I know he won't. He'll leave me alone.

Help. Please . . . . . . . . .

hi dying,

i'm so sorry to hear about what's been happening. i kind of think your ex is a fool. that's not right to do to someone...he should have told you what was on his mind and let you decide if you still wanted him to enjoy your company...

of course you said mean things to him, he did something mean to you! but don't worry, even if you said things that you didn't mean, i'm sure he understands, that's what happens when people get angry..and you had a reason to be angry.

try not to text/call him... start fresh...you deserve it! you already have enough to move, you don't need more baggage with you....