Dating my friends roommate...awkward situations!

So me and this girl (kate) are really good friends. I recently hooked up with her roommate (sara) and we've been seeing eachother quite a bit, which is great...but since they are also best friends, we usually have this weird third wheel thing going on. I'm used to keeping girlfriends and friends relatively separate so I'm at a loss for what to do when kate invites me to do something and then she brings sara w/her...or the other typical situation where sara will invite me to their place but kate will always be there making things awkward. She'll say things like: 'i liked it better when you two weren't kissing', or 'stop flirting, you guys are making me sick!' or she'll do things like sit inbetween us on the couch when watching a movie or sleep over at my house after the 3 of us go out.

Basically I dont know what to do...I really like hanging out with each of them seperatly but both together is a completely different situation. Any advice?

Thanks. I appreciate the advice, and that would probably work...except that sara never invites kate to come along...its always the other way around.

Heres a perfect example of what happens!: Last week Kate and I had made plans to go out for drinks tonight...but she just called me and said that sara is now coming too! As much as I like both of them...I feel like I've gotta break the plans now.