Feeling devastated after breaking up with a guy

2 minutes ago, Batya33 said:

I did it by seeing each person once or maybe twice a week and going on first meets.  Typically exclusive within 6-8 weeks.  Didn't have sex before we were exclusive, in love with strong potential for marriage -with rare exception that meant months.  I was in the dating scene for about 24 years on and off in a major city and several serious relationships.  On the whole I was treated with respect and thoughtfulness and always had close platonic male friends too.  Yes I encountered some jerks and some players.  My goal from early on was marriage and family.  

I see. Thank you very much for your reply!

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, AGrPerson said:

how can someone keep progressing with one person while being occupied with several others? Just asking out of curiosity.

Some people are dating only one person at the time, and some prefer keeping their options open, you can choose what suits best for you. I have always been dating multiple guys until exclusivity was conveyed. The reason for that is: I'm a single mom with part time custody, every two weeks I'm staying with my son. So when I have a "free" week I enjoy going on multiple dates but not necessarily with the same guy. If the guy I prefer is not available when I am, at least I can choose another one. Also It helps me have less expectations on the outcome with the guys I like, In the sens that at least I didn't loose my time... If you feel that you get attached to fast or develop feelings to early fo guys, I suggest you consider multi-dating and wait for physical intimacy until week 6 (or 6 to 8 dates in). Just have fun until one of them separates from the pack... 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Sindy_0311 said:

Some people are dating only one person at the time, and some prefer keeping their options open, you can choose what suits best for you. I have always been dating multiple guys until exclusivity was conveyed. The reason for that is: I'm a single mom with part time custody, every two weeks I'm staying with my son. So when I have a "free" week I enjoy going on multiple dates but not necessarily with the same guy. If the guy I prefer is not available when I am, at least I can choose another one. Also It helps me have less expectations on the outcome with the guys I like, In the sens that at least I didn't loose my time... If you feel that you get attached to fast or develop feelings to early fo guys, I suggest you consider multi-dating and wait for physical intimacy until week 6 (or 6 to 8 dates in). Just have fun until one of them separates from the pack... 

I'll take your advice into account! Thank you!