Help me make up my mind...

Hey guys...

I'm wondering if you guys can lend me a hand... it's nothing much, it's just that i've come to a recent crossroads in terms of girls... i've liked this girl for over a year now and we've been friends for a while... i think she knows i like her but i'm not coming on too strong so she's friendly with me... she doesn't have a boyfriend and i've been consistantly nice to her enough so i think we're getting somewhere, though the progress is kinda slow...

now girl B comes along and i get the feeling that she likes me, we get on better cos i don't like her in that way and everything just seems easier cos she likes me... should i consider this option above the first one, given that i don't think girls are my top priority (i'm a student trying to get decent grades) and i just want someone to hang out and have fun together... though i've liked this first girl genuinely for a year now and i feel like i know her better and we're maybe getting somewhere

what should i do?

i've liked this girl for over a year now and we've been friends for a while... i think she knows i like her but i'm not coming on too strong so she's friendly with me... she doesn't have a boyfriend and i've been consistantly nice to her enough so i think we're getting somewhere, though the progress is kinda slow...

Let me be the first to tell you that just being "nice" to a girl you like isn't going to get you anywhere. That's TOO easy. You need to make a bold move and ask her out, otherwise you're wasting your time. Ask her out, and if she declines I say you move on to girl B. Whatever you do, don't make a big deal out of it, especially when you ask her. Just mention in a kind of casual way and maintain the same attitude whether or not she says yes. You have nothing to lose.

Man I hate having to guess if a guy likes me or not aahhh. Just tell her. or she could be thinking he does like me, no he doesn't like me, He's a player, no he's sweet and just doesn't know what he wants. You know????

I would stick with girl A and just tell her that you like her.

Why can't you just spend time with both until you make up your mind or if something serious develops?

He wants girl A, he's liked her for a long time. He does not like girl B in the same way. The longer you wait to make a move, the less chance you have in actually getting somewhere. He can find out now if it's possible, and if it isn't he won't have to waste any more time "wondering" and he can move on.

hey thank you guys for helping... it's so good to get a neutral third party perspective on things...

well, i actually feel like i'm getting somewhere with girl A but i'm not sure. i'm not sure because she hasn't appeared interested b4 and i've trained myself to not keep the hopes up... it's what happens when you admire someone for a year in the distance i guess. but now she notices me in class, and i catch her eye when she/I walk past each other sort of thing... we have friendlier conversations and i get the feeling she's less threatened. i think it's good considering she knows i like her, right?

So does she like me? i REALLY don't want to get the hopes up cos she means a lot to me and she would really hurt me if she said no, i'd much rather leave her as the nice memory of a crush and move on to a target that means less to me, so there's less to lose... am i thinking this right?

Sorry for elaborating, but thank you guys for sharing your opinions