what should I do?

4 hours ago, lostandhurt said:

There are a lot of assumptions being thrown around about this guys character and intentions towards you.  If you look back to how he responded when you first asked him about the dating app and the IG girl he responded in a very open and respectful way to you.  Only when you went to far did he respond in kind.   

All anyone knows is what has been discussed between you two and it was not being exclusive, not monogamous, not talking to girls on IG, not anything except a casual thing with no apparent boundaries discussed.  How is he wrong and the bad guy in all this?

In the end you weren't wrong to feel the way you did, how you reacted was wrong and he is an old friend so when you wrong a friend you should apologize it is that simple.  It doesn't harm you one little bit and in fact it actually builds your character. If you are sorry for your words and actions then say it to him and it will put a pin this whole situation and perhaps you could be friends once again sometime down the road.

In today's society Grace and Forgiveness are becoming extinct as snap judgements and the willingness to discard people is the knee jerk reaction far to many times.   You were friends for a long time for a reason correct?  Well he must have had some redeeming qualities if you were friends and then you thought enough of him to start a physical relationship with him. 

If nothing else the apology is for yourself as much as him.

Lost

I actually don't think she has to apologise only because it would open up another can of worms and I think she'd get hurt more. How can they actually be friends when she wants a relationship with him? I think it's clear she has feelings for him. If she didn't have feelings for him then I don't think she'd actually care or be upset if he was seeing other girls. The reason why it really bothered her is because she wanted more than just casual from him. It doesn't mean he's a bad guy or anything but it's obvious he just doesn't feel the same. They'd been seeing each other for a few months but he was on dating apps still seeing other girls and meeting other girls when he's out, e.g. on his work trip. So I think that's obvious that he didn't see her as girlfriend material.