The effects of a bad prom date

Hey,

A prom was promised to my grade about a 100 days ago. I didnt sweat it, I wasnt even gona go. I didnt ask anyone but my friends went and asked a girl for me a week before prom. She is probaly the hottest or second hottest girl in my grade. And theres around 125 in my grade.

Anyhow prom came. I wore a blue dress shirt, cackis, and a gold tie. I got to where they were holding prom. The girl acted like she was trying to dodge me. So I just talked to some of my different friends for a minute. Then I approached her, I gave her a bouquet ( a nice one it had white roses red roses and other flowers in it). I met her mom and some of her other family. They acted fairly impressed?

Then we went into the actual building. We danced once, then she ran to her friends. So a few dances went around. I just talked to some of my friends. Then she totally kept to her friends. I had sat down with some friends of mine friends of the girl aswell and she went to her friends. So to make a long story short. My best girl friend went and had words with her. (i asked her not to). she came over we ended up dancing 3 more times and then got our pictures made, she said she had a headache and haited to slow dance. We said goodbye and hugged. That was it. Several people were mad at her? I told them just to forget it. She didnt go and eat or bowl like everyone else.

When school came around we both acted really akward. We sat close to each other in some classes. She even laughed at a joke or 2 of mine but we never spoke to one another. I tried once, but she didnt hear me or was ignoring me.

What do you think I should do? I like her. Shes a really pretty girl, but I dont know how to approach it. We're out of school now. I dont have a phone number or IM. Only an email.

Thanks,

Mysteryman

I don't think you really have a chance with this girl. If you do, it'll be a real uphill battle. It doesn't sound like there was much chemistry there between you.

Why did your friends go and ask her for you? Did you mention you liked her and didn't have the guts to ask her yourself? I'm thinking your friends may have gone about asking her badly. Maybe they pressured her into going with you when she didn't really want to, which is why she tried to get away from you so much that night.

I'd try and get details on how they asked her if you don't have them already. Once you know that, you'll have a better idea of how to proceed.