Dating a jealous person...can they change or no?

itry

the reason for his jealousy? yes i KNOW its insecurity.. now how the heck can he get over it? will he ever?

i feel like im walking on eggshells at times... he's very very attractive...fine, some financial problems due to a divorce... but he knows he'll get over the hump...

even posting online here is a problem that caused a small argument!

do jealous people ever change? or is it a personality thing?

i feel like no matter how much respect, love, attention i give him.. its just usually back to square one.

hi itry, yes you are absolutely correct. jelousy in its essense stems from insecurity. of course, insecurity can be changed, BUT ONLY by him, NOT YOU - no matter...

no matter how much respect, love, attention i give him

as you said. so, he might gain this on his own while still in the relationship, BUT, there is a big possibility he won't because you're always there. so, if you're willing to put up with his cr**, go right ahead. if not, its time to find someone else.

I think it will take a long time, I've been jealous ever since I had my first g/f... I'm still waiting for this feeling to go away . I think it comes more from Trust issues to be more precise than insecurities... Anyways, it will most likely take a long time to get over this.

• 4 weeks later...

I think its insecurity. Will he get over it? That is entirely up to him. Can it be overcome. YES! I overcame a lot of my jealous nature but it wasnt easy, an it seems like it is tested everyday. But know matter how much your reassure him this is something he must due for himself. He has to have faith in himself before he can have faith in you. Walking on eggshells all the time is not helping. You have to be yourself and hope he accepts it, if he doesnt then that is his problem and maybe its time to move on.