Guy friend, maybe more?

Wiseman2, very wise comment indeed! đź‘Ť

I only mentioned scared since his body language shows me he has “moments” that could be interpreted as such … he has every option to stop chatting and hanging out, but keeps findings reasons to keep talking or quickly searches for new topics. I’m sadly one of those people who try to figure people out, and likely while I have the most convincing poker face that I’m not doing any of that!

I make sure I lean back here, I don’t want to put him in any wired places or put pressure on him. Too much respect for him to do anything funny.  But perhaps end of the day, the kind of heart this man has is an example of what I can look for in my future life partner. 

• Thanks 1

Since this is all speculation, the first place to start when asking whether a crush is taking life partner applications is....does his personal life indicate that he is not content? From what you've described - he does lessons, does gigs, enjoys chats, and then goes home. Nothing seems to have been said about how he goes on about, or laments about, how he thinks he would be so much happier with someone else plopping themselves into that personal free time.

For example, if your perception is true, he may have felt a need to explain himself over why he wanted a low key birthday. That's on him, you didn't ask him to explain himself. However, musicians tend to be very perceptive and from your description, this guy is not wanting to share this point of his life with stoic woman or anyone else. The chats and giggles are great, who wouldn't enjoy that. But then he gets to leave and go home without being on the spot 24 hours. Not everyone wants a relationship gig for that simple reason. Nor want to start something when knowing it can't be just a fling so it will end badly. Hopefully you can find someone who shares your future relationship goals while still continuing to enjoy the value of this friendship.

• Like 2

If you dare to make that step, you need to get more in his space like finding moments to get close/ lean in, wear feminine/softly sexy outfits, be a little coy, posturing/body language like tilting your head, looking up at him, smile, pull hair behind the ear, light touching, etc.