Issues moving on?

I just got out of a year relationship, which I thought I was done with. Now I’m struggling with it and wondering if it was the right decision. For the final 2-3 months of the relationship, I’ll admit I was checked out. He wanted more and I wasn’t ready for more with him. 

In the end, his double standards killed it for me. He could make whatever plans he wanted, see his friends, etc. But, when it came to me making one other plan, it was an issue. 

Why am I feeling this regret? Is it the fact that I’m just getting over the “addiction” to the relationship? 

2 minutes ago, Just Confused said:

In the end, his double standards killed it for me. He could make whatever plans he wanted, see his friends, etc. But, when it came to me making one other plan, it was an issue. 

You made the right decision since he was not respecting you. Breakups hurt, even if the best choice. Stay the course.

Why not find someone who plays a lot more fair and with whom you do not have to worry about double standards? That would be a turn off to most people. 

Can you elaborate on this part: "when it came to me making one other plan, it was an issue"? 

Nah, you did right... was only one year.

Good on you for realizing you were being treated poorly and would not tolerate that anymore.

Yes, be involved with someone who does respect you & take you into account.

Not his behaviour..

Just keep moving on.. don't reach back.  Is done?  Then leave it.

Archived