After 2 and a half years my girlfriend and I spilt. It was the right thing to do as in the last 3 months we had both become miserable. However, after about 10 days I realised all the things that were making me miserable didnt matter a jot if she wasnt there, so I thought I would try to start again with her. You know...meals cinema etc. We had always been close right from our first meeting....real easy.

I rang her 2 weeks later and offered to take her out for a birthday meal, which we had, it was very plesent and easy, but she said she had started seeing someone else. I was quite taken aback as it was very close to the split, but thats her perogative.

We had a few chats and meets after, and suddenly new bloke started to be described as 'more of a friend really'. Then one Friday night we had a night together in the pub which we spent chattin away and when she left she stroked my side. She had even said that she had seen an astrologer and not only enquired about her star sign by mine too. Apparently although we were different we could work things out.

I called her the next day to ask if she wanted to come down to the pub for a drink but she said she couldnt as Paul (new bloke) was very angry with her, had expressed a desire to date and forbid her to talk to me again. This, rather surprisingly, she obeyed.

Several emotional calls and 2 letters later I had expressed my true feelings and begged her, on two occasions, to tell me there was no chance of getting back together. She couldnt do that and said her head was in turmoil. But she continued to see Paul anyway. Her friends (now mutual friends) told me she would come back and that the new bloke really wasnt her type. Hes a lads lad, likes to get pissed up with the boys and sleep around. But they were all old school friends.

Now it seems shes thinks the new relationship is going some where and never thinks of me at all. Where as I think of her every waking minuite. She has also decided that we shouldnt see each other. Its so strange as we were best friends through those 2 and a bit years and now shes happy to write it all off.

I am getting over it...time does heal, but a bit of me thinks it wont last and wants to wait and see.

I hate this, how did it all get so screwed up?

I don't really know what to say. You don't deserve this shit. Write her a letter and explain your thoughts. She obviously knowz u feel a lot 4 her, And she likes it. Play her at her own game. Tell yourself, and her, That u need want and deserve betta.

Letter has already been sent. She said she's waited all her life for a man to say that, she used to cry when I told her, but now she doesnt. Well I said it (some weeks ago now) and she's clearly having too much fun with new bloke to care. I have been completely cut out, but thats probably for the best eh.

I sent her flowers the other day. When I asked her what she thought she said her initial reaction was 'oh, what if Paul sees'. I can only hope he messes her about as per his reputation, but then again he does seem to be a changed man. They're doing alot of meals etc.