*I think this is the right forum, if not, please move it*

I don't know why, but I have this desire in me to want to learn about everything, and to see everything and do everything. I feel that my life is short and I just want to use it fully.

However, most people I know are very differen't. They are happy to just have a normal life, and I find them quite ignorant, in the respect that they see everything as black and white, and don't really care about much other than the 'here and now'.

People generally don't understand me, and think i'm full of myself and stuff, because as I said earlier, I just want to know and do everything.

It's hard for me to explain, but I feel like i've got an extra spark, and I feel frustrated because I feel that i'm odd, and others think i'm slightly weird. I've learnt in the past that people don't want to be 'educated' about there being a much bigger world than their simple lives, and when I try, people think I'm arrogant etc. But when I ignore them and do what I want to do, and let them live their lives, they get annoyed that I wont 'fit in'.

I don't know how anyone can help, it just frustrates me that I seem to be a person that cares about everything, in a world where generally people care about nothing.

I think you'll find that there are a lot of people like you out there who have the desire to explore life and grab it by the horns. Some people experience this in different ways by either creating success by giving up everything, living each day like it might be the last or doing what it takes to achieve a goal .

These people who have achieved success would say that you have to fail in order to achieve success. The more you try and fail, the wiser you become. These people like you "Santa" are self confident and do not hold back their emotions. They do not let the world restrict them, they create their own life becuase they know that anything is possible.

You are not weird, the people who consider you to be a bit odd probablly still like you, but dislike this extra "spark" you possess. It makes them feel bad becuase you can live your life to the fullest, but they find it hard to do that.

You need to also realise that the people who want to lead a normal life, are entitled to and most likley find it difficult to live life the way you do. The difference here, is that you will experience more joy and pleasure out of life where as these "boring" people will live life in a different way. How we all live our own life is just a point of view and this is what makes us unique.

Dont think that you are odd, you will meet people who share the same desire for life as you do. Because you have this desire to live life to the fullest, you will find it much easier to achieve "your" goals compared to people who see life in black and white.

You also have to respect the people who do not care about life in the way you do too. This is their point of view and they are entitled to it as much as you are. There is no reason why you cant mix with these people and keep some of your spark to yourself, but dont let it hold you back in achieving your goals.

Try to assert youself with these people but still keep that unique personality you have. People will find it odd at first. After time people will begin to like you.

I have a mate who was very different to all of my friends when he first came to my area. He was very full of himself and had an "odd" personality.

2 years later, after he's blended in with everyone at school, he has become the most popular person i know.

Thank you for your replies, and I think you are you guys are correct. I will take what you to say to heart, and hopefully this will help me. I have already decided i'm going to talk to some people I know, and explain to them that I understand they have a different POV to me, and i'm just going to except that, but they must also except the fact I am different, and to let me be the way I am.

As for the bit at the bottom of Andy223's post, well it's kind of the other way around.

Because of the way I am, I have been more or less friends with lots of people in my grade/year at some point, so i'm a lot more sociable than everyone else (ie lots of people will talk to me on an average day, but most other people ignore each other).

The trouble comes with the fact that I wont settle-down and only talk to like 5 people, like they do, and so they see me as some one who floats from group to group thinking they are better than everyone else, I suppose. Truth is, if I settle with one group though, after a while, because of the way I am, it's hard for me to not get bored with them, and it's hard for them to keep patience with me. I can't settle-down and become 'one of the group'.

However, I do have a few friends who understand me and stick by me, but I think they are just more tolerant than others.

I think in the future, I will explain to them why I can't 'blend in', and if they don't like it I will just leave them, and try to concentrate on my real friends, the friends who understand me.

Thank you. Case closed.

• 4 weeks later...