its destined to fail. jealousy ultimately comes from being insecure in oneself - i mean, since both of you are insecure, it might be okay for a while, but once one of you gains some security and confidence, that person will probably tire of the insecure (nonconfident) person and just leave.

well it's definitely not healthy. a healthy relationship doesn't have boundaries like that. you're just setting yourself up for failure by setting unreasonable limits for both of you. a free, trusting relationship doesn't have boundaries. you need to trust that she will behave good when away from you and she should do the same for you.

Eeek!!! - trust me, neither of you can live like that. When two people are in a relationship with each other having trust is imperitive. It is healthy for both of you to interact with the opposite sex... it is healthy for both of you to keep your friends whether they be male or female. It is up to both of you as individuals to not allow anything to be taken beyond mere friendship with a person of the opposite sex.

If you continue this way you will suffocate the other person, make them feel isolated and eventually they will be desperate to get out of such a confining relationship.

Yeah, I have to agree with the other posters that your expectations are unrealistic, and if she wants to cheat on you, she will, regardless of if you "let" each other talk to members of the opposite sex, which, by the way is ridiculous.

You say she cheated on her last bf with you, and yet you went along with this? Did you know about it at the time?

Regardless, you know now that she has a history of cheating and yet you chose to be with her, so that's your choice.

You can't prevent someone from talking to other people, and the same goes for her. A relationship based on mistrust like this is doomed to fail.

You need to work on your trust issues, either together or apart, though, personally, I wouldn't want to be with someone I couldn't trust to even talk to members of the opposite sex.

You know when you were younger and your Mother told you not to do something and it seemed harder to not do it because you were told not to?That's what is going to happen. It's inevitable- men talk to women and women talk to men. You both need to get over it and realize that you love each other (if you do) and get on with your life. Stop caring about other guys and she needs to stop caring about other girls. She is with you not them, and vis versa.

Eh...the old jealousy problem. My close girlfriend has this same problem with her boyfriend, and trust me, jealousy causes a lot of unnessesary fights and cannot be solved by just simply saying, "Oh well you cant talk to any girls and I cant talk to guys." That's not healthy. At all. And come on, be realistic for a minute: is it really possible to stop all communications with the opposite sex? Of course not. That's not something that will help out your relationship, only fail it. I've heard that jealous people tend to be insecure and lack trust in their parther, I'm not saying it's true for your situation, but it's a possibility.

It's normal to feel a little jealous when you see your girlfriend talking to some other guy and vise versa. But, why be jealous if you know nothing will come out of it? If you trust her, then you know she won't cheat on you, so why be so overly jealous?

JyNx