could this b true??

so i have a question. i was talking to my friend today about birth control, and she said that there are ways to get it w/o parents having to know that ur getting it..... hmmm. not sure if this is true or not. can someone help?? oh and if this isnt true, how old do u hae to b exactly to get it w/o parents knowing?? ive heard 17 and ive heard 18.....

I'm obviously not a girl and I don't know but, I'm PRETTY SURE that you have to get it from a pharmacy and you have to be 18. If the minimum age to have sex is 18 then why would the birth control be under 18? That makes no sense, not like the baby is going to get their on it's own lol. Well birth control works, but there's always that 1% chance out of the 99% chance you won't get pregnant. Just a thought.

Yes, as a girl I know that it is embarrassing to have to ask your parents for birth control.. but know this- having sex is something that you must be mature about, a mature, adult desicion- or should be- so in partaking in these kinds of activities you must be mature and I am telling you that your parents will freak out a lot less if you ask them to take you to a obgyn and put you on birth control then for them to find it without them knowing.

With that said.. no, you do not have to be 18 to get it. I was put on birth control when I was 16 because I would have my period for 24 days and then would be off of my period for 4-6 days... so backwards. Birth control not only helps in the pervention of creating a life, but also helps out your hormones. You can get birth control for free, and without your parents knowing.. contact your local health department. They will give you an exam and then give you the birth control. I don't think you should go this route- rather have a talk with your Mom telling her that you would like her to take you.