Unanswered text after four dates, now what?

dmveep

Hi sorry this is happening to you! A similar thing happened to me last week! Unfortunately as others have said only she knows what's going on so unless she straight up tells you that she's been busy or that she's not interested all you can do is speculate and that's not too helpful.

In my opinion, overtexting or calling might not be a great idea, especially if she says she doesn't like that kind of thing. I agree that no one really calls anymore, especially when you're young, unless you know the person pretty well. It can be frustrating to get phone calls when you're busy and you've already texted her so she has the option to respond or not and if she's choosing not to that's a pretty big sign. Maybe if you haven't heard for a while you can send her a text checking if she's okay and if she'd still like to meet up?

This happened to me on new years, I spent 2 whole days with a guy, ending in sex. He went back to the town he lived after, and slowly his texts got less and less. I was being nothing but nice and respecting that he might need space, but eventually he just stopped texting all together. It hurt, but unfortunately this is something people do in this day and age, they're too cowardly to admit how they're feeling so they just disappear. Would you really want to be with someone who does that kind of thing anyway? It's not that hard to say "hey I had a great time, but unfortunately you're not what I'm looking for"

This might not be the case for you though she still could reply and she really could just be busy! But just keep in mind that that may not be the case and allow yourself to move on. Give her some space and she will get back to you if she wants to. If she doesn't it's her loss! You'll feel better over time. I'm feeling better after that new years guy, and you most likely dodged a bullet. You'll find someone else who appreciates you and cares and doesn't pull cowardly bs like that on you :)

Archived