This is my first post ever and I'm kind of embarrassed of what it has to be about. I'm 15 years old, and I just feel like there is hair on me everywhere. I can't go and just get waxed, so I don't know what to do about it. Like what do I do about the hair on my upper lip? and on my belly?

The chicks in magazines are so totally hairless and just perfect it makes me sick. Apologies if this post like grosses anyone out...it's my first time here.

Im sorry I dont know what to say about how to remove the hair. And anyone who is grossed out would be just picking on you because of their own insecurities because we all have something that's not so perfect. But I just wanted to say that I have come accross many female friends with the same problem and you have to resist feeling bad about yourself. People who notice and make a big deal out of this are immature or insecure. Please try to remember all the other beautiful things about yourself when you face these situations. Sorry I know that isnt much help but it took me years to learn to appreciate every curve, every pimple and every extra hair (I have this 1 dang chin hair But its better you start sooner than later.

During high school I was friends with a girl who had very dark hair and had the same concerns. She used to use cream bleach so that she didn't have to resort to waxing or worry about it growing back pinchy. You may want to start by trying bleaching it- I've seen it in almost every drug store. You can also get cream hair removers (depilatories) at the sdrug store.

When you get older, if it still bothers you, you can try electrolysis, or laser hair removal which I believe are more permanent.

yes, for the upper lip definitely try bleaching it, but you can also wax the hair at home on your belly etc, you get nice hot and cold wax kits at the chemist nowadays.

but don't worry so much about it. Im sure you feel you are covered in it, but it's not that bad.

Yes there are wax treatments that you can buy at a local grocery store that is around $10. That was you can do it at home in private.

Hair on your stomach is natural- if it bothers you- like if it's dark then shave it.. just know that you will have to continue shaving it!

I get my eyebrows waxed ever three weeks and no it doesn't hurt- if you go to someone that knows what they are doing! I have had people that were I guess just starting out that really had a hard time and that is what hurts- if they don't get it in one swipe they have to keep doing it- that hurts. I have also tried waxing myself- bikini area- never again girls! Oh my gosh I thought that I was ripping my skin out! But there is nair and stuff now so I would try to use that..

I tried waxing my legs a few times. All I can say is that SPEED is key! Its almost like when you peel a bandaid/bandage off- you have to do it fast or it will hurt. Another thing- if the hair is not long enough- it's harder to wax. It won't pick up the hairs just growing back at the surface.

The benefits when I did it to my legs was that it took much longer for the hair to grow back.

I forgot to mention that another way to get rid hair is through threading. But it's hard to find to people who are experts on it in traditional salons. If you ever see someone who is good at it- it's pretty cool. Check out this page:

link removed

I've never had it done-by a friend of mine swears by it. Supposedly it does hurt but it's fast and the results last significantly longer.

BellaDonna

I think dark haired women look good in general. Then it is natural that the other body hair is darker too.

I have decided to accept a future partner the way she was created even though it may take a bit of time getting used to.

Monique, I tried leg waxing at home with Nair one time and I couldn't take the pain. I can't imagine doing that to my face. I've never tried bleaching, but perhaps that's the way to go. I did a search online two years ago for this problem and have been using Surgi-cream ever since. It doesn't hurt and is about $7 a box at link removed. You can probably find it at your local drugstore too.

It's simple to use. Wash your face with warm water, apply the depilatory cream on the unwanted hairs and then hang out at eNotAlone for 8 minutes. When time's up, you wipe the hairs off with a wet towel and apply the balm that's included in the kit to the affected skin. The hairs will come back in 3-5 days, but I haven't had any side effects. One box with 2 tubes of cream will last approx. 4-5 months. (I also discovered serendipitously that if I get 20+ minutes of sun and exercise everyday it slowed my unwanted hair growth by several days.)

Whatever you do, don't let a razor near your face! Good luck!