Whitefang - What am I gonna do with my degree??... heaven knows I have no idea!!!

Currently I am working on a farm where I plan on working for the rest of the summer at least... we'll see where I go from there.

Nexus- Don't be depressed.. believe me, school is much better... cause once your done you miss it! I do already.... especially since i don't know what to do next!

Ravens_folly - Where did you study your Animal Science? Aberystwyth? I have a friend who's going to be doing the same course next year. Im not sure whether i'd be able to work on a farm, i find the practical aspect of farm on my course tiring lol. I work for my local vets (both small animals and livestock) which is going to be getting my through my summer holiday also a chance to learn something and the pay's not bad .

Nexus - I agree with ravens_folly you shouldn't be depressed, once i left school i lost contact with my friends (different Uni's and jobs, moved away) and work was easier lol. When you go higher in education your pushing yourself and learning at the same time, you get a qualification at the end that shows that you can do anything when you put your mind to it and another thing i was told is once you have a qualficiation, no-one can take it away .

No i haven't, not sure whether my college library has it. I have been reading so many books lately it's giving me a headache, im currently reading up on Animal Nutrition and all the numbers and formulas .

I'll check though, did he do something like a TV series?

James Herriot was a pseudonym. He was a vet in Yorkshire starting as an assistant to another vet and eventually becoming a partner. He wrote a series of books, fictionalized accounts of his experiences. He really wanted to be a small animal vet but the practice was mostly farm related.

The stories are hilarious, sad sometimes, poignant and a good read. I forget how many he wrote but a good number. There were a couple of movies and a long running TV series.

I think the title of the first was "All Creatures Great and Small".

Light reading but worth it.