well after two months of being with this incredible guy,,, we decided to end it for good. We knew it had to end one day because we are both leaving to the military. He leaves in 2 months and i leave in 3 months. Spending all this time together made me realize that i was falling in love with him and he was feeling the same way about me too. But why go thorugh all this if nothing else will happen because once we leave , god knows when i will see him again?? I feel soo upset right now because he really is a very special person in my life and it's going to be sooo hard not to talk to him or see him. I want to be with him sooo bad but everythin is goin to be so much harder when we both have to say goodbye I feel so confused!!! help please

If everything was going so well, why not continue and give it a try LDR?

I can understand in the face of uncertainty in the military and a long seperation why you want to be pragmatic and save yourselves the hurt of a breakup when you have more invested in the relationship, but if you two truly care about each other and in fact were falling in love, isn't it worth the risk?

Finding someone you care about so deeply and who returns that feeling is a rare and beautiful find, and it seems to me that it would be worth taking a chance.

What do you think? Was this a totally 50/50 decision, or did one of you want to end it more than the other?

I wouldn't end the relationship if I were you. Give it a shot, long-distance! It can't hurt. You won't talk throughout basic training for a while but once that's over and done with and you know where you'll be stationed at, then you'll be able to communicate through military email and phone. Who knows, if things go well and that serious, the military is usually pretty good about putting husbands and wives on the same base. It can work if you both really want it to!