Helpful book I just read

Hi,

Just wanted to share a book I just read:

I can mend your broken heart - Paul McKenna and someone else who I can't remember.

It Has some good techniques to deal with thoughts and why we do the things we do etc, I found it quite helpful.

There's one technique no remember your ex in a bad light which really helped me when I'm having thoughts about happy memories etc.

Here's some that I read in my "dark days" while trying to make sense of my world when it lay in ruins around me:

"How to Fix a Broken Heart" by Guy Winch

"Deleting Ur Ex" by Matt Borer (Very Good)

"F*ck Feelings" by Michael Bennett

"The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck" by Mark Manson

"If He Only Knew" by Gary Smalley

"Think Forward to Thrive" by Jennice Vilhauer

"Getting Past Your Breakup" by Susan J. Elliott

I will admit that a lot of the material is anything that you haven't heard or known already, but sometimes hearing it again, thinking about how it matters in your situation will help you get through the "acceptance" stage of grief and into the next one. If anything, the list probably just illustrates the process that I went through to finally close the door on the pointless hope of reunifying with my ex, accepting what happened for what it was and that it was up to me to move myself forward to find peace without any definitive closure.

I hope some of this material may help someone who's moving through heartbreak and toward that light at the end of the tunnel.

(If anything, you may realize that you're moving along when you're tired of reading "self-help" books and just want to read something funny!)

Archived