Update

Jetta

Kind of an update. My mom says I can live in the basement of her next house and pay rent of course. I'm using it as my pick an apartment I like and can live in because a subsidized came up for June, but it's super tiny and my mom says I would get depressed living there because it's so confining. She's worried about me moving out on my own, but I have a big support staff now and am on meds unlike previous living alone experiences. So hopefully I can stay stable and live on my own. I'm on several wait lists for subsidized, but there's a below market apartment I really like and if I have a stable job I should be able to manage it. I applied for unemployment and am looking for suitable part time jobs. My therapist is helping me make wiser choices. I'm also putting aside in savings, the amount I would be paying for below market rent. It's helping me budget better.

That is great, trust yourself, you got this! It is obvious you want to be independent and a Mom's worry can actually make us doubt ourselves, so living with her might be tough but just remember, Moms are worriers of their kids even when you are doing great. It's just what they are used to since you were in their care for years! Don't let her fears become yours. Keep on improving and trying, it will be great to hear from you soon about how well it is going! God bless! =) I would say taking magnesium and ginseng do help a lot to get rid of anxiety, depression and sticky negative thoughts. Sleep well, eat well and trust you. =)

That is great, trust yourself, you got this! It is obvious you want to be independent and a Mom's worry can actually make us doubt ourselves, so living with her might be tough but just remember, Moms are worriers of their kids even when you are doing great. It's just what they are used to since you were in their care for years! Don't let her fears become yours. Keep on improving and trying, it will be great to hear from you soon about how well it is going! God bless! =) I would say taking magnesium and ginseng do help a lot to get rid of anxiety, depression and sticky negative thoughts. Sleep well, eat well and trust you. =)

Mom's concerns are very valid based on other threads. She is not just the typical overworried mom.

I would take mom up on her offer - live in her basement until you get a different living situation - but if you cannot handle it, move back in with mom and not with a man.

Archived