the tension finally broke

whoa. update on my life of late. so as some of you guys may know, i've known this girl for about 6 months now. when i first met her, i asked her out and we went out on one date. after that, we continued being being friends and nothing happened in regards to a relationship. for the past 3 or 4 months, though, the tension between us has been building and building. a few of our mutual friends have mentioned the extreme sexual tension, and i've told a few of her friends that i still liked her romantically. for this whole time, it should be noted, i am thinking that she only wants to be my friend, so i should try to get over her and be her friend only, though we are taking each other to our schools' proms, which was a friends kinda thing, you know? anyway, we hang out all the time, for hours every weekend, because we don't go to the same school. she's never had a real boyfriend, just a guy she saw for three weeks at a summer camp in another state, so she never heard from or saw the guy after that. she's very timid and shy about relationships. she's 17 and i'm 18.

well today, i was driving her home from dinner with our friends, we were alone in the car because we had to leave early because her parents wanted her home. on the ride home, she out of the blue asked me "do you still like me?" taken totally off guard, i just said "how do you mean?" and she said "like would you date me?" and i said "yes, i would" because it's the truth. she then said "cool, let's do that". we got to her house, and ate a second dinner with her parents, then afterward we were alone in the living room. i asked her what's going to happen at this point, because i wasn't sure what she meant by us "dating" since there are multiple definitions in theory. after a lot of "i don't know"s, she said she wanted to ask me out again because she had been thinking about it for a long time. i asked her if she meant what she said and didn't just say it because her friends told her she should date me, and she said she meant it - "i don't lie". she said she's unsure if she wants to carry this out - as in starting a relationship with me - because she's "afraid of making a mistake or messing things up between us" i told her that i wouldn't let this hurt our current relationship, i don't believe it will. i told her i wanted her to think about it and figure out how she feels about it, and so she will feel comfortable. "i don't want there to be any pressure on you" i said to her. she said she's confused and nervous, and she'll "sleep on it", then i left, and here i am now. now she knows that i'm interested in a relationship, and she knows that i really care about her.

i guess i don't really have a question, i just wanted to express what's going on and maybe get some responses from people who can relate?

I think it's kinda cool...i mean, you've been able to be friends for this long, and you guys have been good at that, so right off the bat you know that she won't turn out to be someone totally different (in theory). in my opinions good friends make the best boyfriends and girlfriends. one thing thats really important though is communication. you both need to let each other know how you're feeling about everything because that's the one thing that could salvage a friendship if things go south.

I say youre in good shape. Just roll with it man. Take it chill, and hang out with her and see where that takes ya. Time will decide for you (and more importantly her) if you guys should take the risk or not. If you hang out a few more times romantically everything willbe clear.