Feel sad that I'm healing?

beebs82

Is it weird that I almost feel sad that I'm healing and moving on? I'm not fully healed. I still get sad. And I've reached acceptance where I know this is done and we will never talk again. But I guess I have accepted acceptance and it feels sad to me that I have come to this point where I no longer want him to reach out or give me an explanation. And that he is occupying less time in my head than he used to. Add him to the list of all the other guys who remain just memories.

Not weird at all. You probably feel a little guilty about moving on, which in turns makes you feel sad. If I recall from your other post- you were involved with the ex for three months, yes? It's not weird or unusual to be able to come to terms with the break up. And of course, your feelings might still vacillate at times too. All totally normal.

Your ex sounds a lot like mine in regards to the poor communication style, inability to handle conflict, and introversion. Not easy to deal with!

Thanks chatty! Just read your post. I found so many similarities in your story so thanks for sharing. I'm having a pretty sad day and I shouldn't be! I'm in Costa Rica with my best friend and he's occupying my head ugh it's not fair!! I was doing so well and now I'm angry and sad again :( I guess we did the right thing right? I just have to keep telling myself "think long term". Think big picture. It's so hard when people can't communicate or even respond! Thank you for your response it means a lot :)

Archived