First date idea and conversation starters

nman414

So there is this girl that I’ve gone to school with for 4-5 yrs now. I think I’m finally going to ask her out next weekend. I’m positive shell say yes because I’ve had people tell me she likes me. The only issue is, this is my first gf and I’m not really sure where to take her. I have plenty of ideas like mini golf or bowling but I feel like those aren’t really right for a first date. I’m also not really a fan of movies. I have a hill near my house that I’ve always wanted to bring a girl to so we could eat and watch the sunset but I want to save that for a surprise anniversary date. Any ideas on where we should go? This girl and I have talked a little throughout our school careers and I had a class w/ her last year but we probably said 10 things to each other that whole year. What are some good conversation topics to avoid the dreaded awkward silence?

• 2 weeks later...

I would first at least try talking with her a bit more and getting to know her...If you can have a good conversation and things seem like they are going well, then ask her what her schedule is next week and set a date...If you haven't said much all year and then just go up and ask her out on a date it could be kinda awkward for her....

So what should you talk about? Well, that depends on her. You would really want to ask questions she would enjoy answering. Does she have a hobby or something she really loves? Just be genuinely interested and that will take care of the rest...

• 2 weeks later...

The main thing ask only that you are interested. It's always clear when a person asks a question, but the answer is not interesting to him. And do not be afraid of awkward silence. Comfortably can be together only those people who are comfortable with each other silent.

The main thing ask only that you are interested. It's always clear when a person asks a question, but the answer is not interesting to him. And do not be afraid of awkward silence. Comfortably can be together only those people who are comfortable with each other silent.

"Comfortable silence" usually applies to people who know each other well. There's no point in going on a date to get to KNOW each other and not talk, it's not like they've been together for years and they are at home watching Netflix and apparently chilling. If it's hard for you to talk, go on a date that will give you something to talk about. Take the girl sky diving! That'll give you something to talk about. My point is do something so exciting that you guys run on about it for hours. My fingers are tired so I can't offer more advice, but tell jokes. Girls really love to laugh, they build relationships with people who make them laugh.

I"m serious about that Sky Diving though, you can do it Tandem with a professional.

"Comfortable silence" usually applies to people who know each other well. There's no point in going on a date to get to KNOW each other and not talk, it's not like they've been together for years and they are at home watching Netflix and apparently chilling. If it's hard for you to talk, go on a date that will give you something to talk about. Take the girl sky diving! That'll give you something to talk about. My point is do something so exciting that you guys run on about it for hours. My fingers are tired so I can't offer more advice, but tell jokes. Girls really love to laugh, they build relationships with people who make them laugh.

I"m serious about that Sky Diving though, you can do it Tandem with a professional.

I do not quite agree. In 9 cases out of 10 there will be pauses in the conversation. You can not talk all the time while you're around. Similarly, you can not always squeeze jokes or themes from yourself. not all people know how to do this. Not everyone is comfortable doing it. Why pretend to be what you are not? The true essence will still come up. Sooner or later. It's unavoidable.

Archived