rumours, destiny and jealousy

well where to start. At the beginning of this year there was a new girl at our spot. no one was really talkin to her, so i sat with her pulled out my mp3 player and we chatted about music and stuff, her names Emma. And yeh eventually she got some friends. After the first time when i was all nice to her and stuff she got a lil mean like walkin away from me when i walked up to the group.

She never went out anywhere, kinda anti-social, so i invited her to my place a couple of times, coz she wanted to learn guitar so i said i could teach her and she jumped at the idea. She was actually kinda mean to me alot of the time and stuff but she was cool and yeh, i like her she's kinda just like me.

When i asked her for her phone number she wuldnt give it to me (to annoy me) so i geussed it (and got it right talk about luck). then i got her email addy in a game of hangman hehe. Well we talked great over msn and i kinda liked her more and more. Alot of ppl at my spot thought we liked eachother at first, then they decided it was just me who liked her. despite everything i could do to try and convice them i didnt they kept thinking it. but now everyone thinks i dont, but they still tease us about it.

Well she never came over my place till one night on msn where i invited her to come get coffee with me (it was like 8:45 at night) and apparently she thought every time i invited her to do stuff i was joking, but when she realised i was serious she said 'yes!' and i went and picked her up for the night. We had a wonderfull time, joking and laughing all night and stuff and talking for hours. then i walked her home and met her mum and sister (hu are really awesome).

Apparently her mum thought straight away 'aww he likes u so much emma' and her sis had no opinion. Then the next day at school it was worse than ever with everyone goin 'aww robb n emma r goin out' and yeh. That night i put on my webcam and mic (she didnt hav either) and we talked for 4 1/2 hrs. i said iw uld give her my old webcam so the next morning i delivered it (she lives 1 street away from me) and her mum thanked me for being so nice last night for entertainin her saying 'she was laughing all night and seemed really happy'. at this point i was the only person to hang out with her outside of school and to meet her family or go inside her house.

Liked her alot more, i like her so much now. We have sooo much in common. Then the next monday we had an excursion and she was tired and got pissed off at me. So i didn't sit with the group for the next 2 days cause she was so annoyed. She apologised with 'u lookr eally good in your jumper' and yeh we talked again for a couple of hours, then talked on webcam again with both of us for 2 hrs. then she came over my place yesterday night for ages with my 2 other friends. shawn and reece. I should mention i invited her to a party at my place, it was a couples party and since i had no gf i asked her to come so we could han gout while everyone else 'peeled off'. Well shawn's gf didnt come, so he hung out with Emma all night, and i had no one at all. so i was sittin outside alone the entire night.

So last night when she came over with reece shawn and me again she did the hang out with shawn thing again..and im getting really jealous, since he alrdy has a gf. and yeh, she came over again today for 3 hrs just us. and we played pool and watched a movie and it was fun.

I like her, does she like me? I dont think so and its getting really depressing, especially when everyone else i kno is with the person they really like. and i dont get to hang out with Emma. I mean, i dont understand to much while i like her so much, its amazing, shes not extrememly attractive, not always nice to me. but..i still think shes the most beautiful girl ive met. [sorry for this long post but i need to say all this].

She's been more mean since today aswell, barely talking over msn, askin questions about shawn and stuff. talkin to others of my friend. she even drew up a plan for a band that took in all the musicians in our group except me. and im feeling so left out.

Everyone outside our group thinks we're 'destined to be', everyone in thinks i like her but she doesnt return it.

Her mum likes me, her sis likes me, i like them, i like her, she kinda likes me but not in the way i want

and well, advice, any advice please

ok this girl is giving big mixed signals.

i dont like games but id say become distant for a while and shell miss you and come after you if she feels that way, then youll have your answer.

if you are always there, she may be taking you for granted.

Try it, get busy, hang with others, and see what happens in time.

Let us know

well, last night (when i wrote that message) we were talking on msn and Emma got pissed off at me...for no real reason, but you know, some people get annoyed at small things, so i apologized and shes like 'nup, not good enuff' so i said id go get her a rose and deliver it to her with a bow (im a romantic). Well, i got up then, cause I hate it when people are angry at me I hate hurting them. So I went and found one of the few roses left alive (winter is here....). And it was pink, perfect (matches her house's colour theme

So i ran over and called her on my phone as i was halfway there and we started laughing about it. So i got there, presented the rose with a bow she forgave me. She invited me in. I stayed there for about 2 1/2 hrs (till 11:30) when her mum went to bed and I had fixed something that went wrong with her webcam. So then i went home and I was pretty happy that it had all worked out....and I'm not sure if i could ignore her for any length of time, I'm to scared she would get use to not having me there and not need me around at all....

still good advice and if i can work up the courage I'll try...any more advice?

Not really, the advice I gave is what I think you need to do.

Someone who is constantly available is not a turn on, its a huge put off actually.

I dont mean IGNORE her, but dont be so there all the time, do your own thing.

Back off.

Then, if she wants to be with you she will come to you.

If she doesn't well you have your answer then, and at least you wouldnt have made an a$s out of yourself

Thats my advice, take it if you want, after all, it's what you are here for isn't it?

Yeah.. you've been doing good so far, you seem really nice.. but you've gotta start giving her some of her own medicine keep hanging out with her, just tease her a bit, dont say hi to her on MSN, wait for her to say hi to you, let her call you, just little things like that.. I can almost guarentee it'll work, because i'm in a situation like that girl right now, and I know i'd probably go crazy for the guy if he'd just give me some space and play a little hard to get =P

• 3 weeks later...

ok well, heres a bit of an update in my situation:

I've been over her place more times than prolly anyone else who lives around her now, and i always stay for a couple of hours and I have lots of fun. But still the same problem, when we're together infront of other ppl she's just very, anti-me.

eg. The other day at school she had to go get measured for a skirt for her musical costume and she really didnt wanna go alone so she asked everyone at our spot and no one wanted to go so i said i would because i had to talk to sum1 who sat down that end of the school. Well she just looked at me weirdly and said 'um, no thanks' then eventually someone else went...

I'm also getting worried about her self-esteem a bit, some direct qoutes:

"I'm Fat"

"Guys don't like girls who look like me"

this stuff was said on msn and I got worried about how she could think it when she's so beautiful, and i mean, come on.. fat?! She's like perfect weight.

Well I ran over there (her mum and sis were out for the long weekend so she was home alone) and knocked on her door (told her I was coming first, but didn't say why). I spent that night (about 4 1/2 hrs till she got really tired) talking to her and telling her how she wasn't fat at all and how she was really beautiful. And we were talkin to ppl on MSN and stuff, and we updated her blog together and took turns sayin stuff like "Robbie's a liar, and then i type on the next line, yup sure i am, the point is Emma is sassay ". And we had a great time laughing, and rumours were born again when we webcammed with some of her old friends.

They asked if we were going out, then another of her friends thought we were, and then another did aswell, 3 ppl in the 3 hrs we were on msn. And it's getting very depressing how everyone says we r such a great couple...

I also took her out to the fish n chips shop for dinner that night and we had fun eating then came back. And we danced to some songs (i get told im the best dancer in my year [proper partner dancing that we have to learn] but i dont believe it..). And i taught her a jive thats fun to dance to.

So yeh when we finished that dancing I put on Oasis - Wonderwall, I love Oasis and she really likes it ever since I introduced her to it. Then I walked around, gave her a bow and took her hand in a nice little gentlemen'ish way and we did a slow dance on the spot (like u see in movies n stuff in the big romantic bits) and I sung the lyrics for her. Not my best romantic gesture, I normally do things on a Seth Cohen (From the O.C., Cohen is my nickname because everyone thinks im exactly the same as him) scale.

Well 2 days later I went over to her place to fix her computer (her sis asked me to) and she wasnt there, and she rung to talk to her sis and her sis is like 'oh Robbie's here if you wanna talk to him' and she said no straight away...and..yeh bummer. and well..

help?