All The Boys Are Giving Me A Hard time!

At work last night 1 of my work mates came up to me and said

"I hear you have an admirer that thinks your cute!".

I was busy for 15 mins so i didn't bother with it. I went up to him and asked who and what he was talking about and he wouldn't tell me at first but then he told me. I went who?. Anyway I worked out who it was. And like I said not gonna happen. Anyways I walked off and started working. Then the guy that told me about this came up to me again saying that "Ben thinks i'm cute. And that he's gonna use the pick up line I've lost my mobile number can I have yours".

Not being the slightest bit amused I told him that he was a Jerk. And walked away and he was like

"Aww c'mon, I just think it's funny".

Yeah he might do but I don't. Every person that he went near he said "____ thinks cass is cute".

Nearing the end of the night another work mate I was walking passed called out

" Hey cutie!" twice.

Now I don't know if I'm over reacting but it feels like are they being jerks, I told them to cut it out and the guy who told every one kept on about it. In the end I told him to walk away and shut up. He didn't he just kept in my face and I asked him why he goes out of his way to be mean to me all the time. I've never done anything to him. I feel uncomfortable at work at the moment.

Anyone got and idea why he's making such a big deal over the whole thing and why he's going out of his way to be mean? And why would he think it's funny? Is it just a guy thing?. No offence to those guys who don't do things like this, but I'm feeling really hurt right now.

Jees! I would love all the attention, its soooo fun... all you gotta do is push their buttons and get them going too! haha

I work with 3 guys and they are always making stupid jokes all the time, but it doesn't mean anything really, they just want to bug ya, and maybe they might like you, but if you don't want it to go anywhere it doesn't have to!!

I think its great when they bug me like that...hehehe

I don't think it's great because i hate the attention and I'm not really sure with how to deal with it. And I have such low self estem and lack confidence. I feel more hurt by the way he went about it. I mean big deal did the whole 50 other people plus the boss's really need to know. He should have just kept his mouth shut in the first place and not even said anything to me. The guy that started it all is the only person that i know that can push buttons, to such an extent that i get so angry with him that I have to walk away or just not speak to him, but working with him I have to. And the thing that really annoyed me was after that happened he came up to me and said "Hey Sweetie" like nothing had happened. I want to scream.

HI again,

Well, don't let those things get to you, I was like that once...you need to build self confidence and self esteem. You might find it hard to believe, but I just gained a whole pile of self confidence in the last year because of my boyfriend breaking up with me! It was horrible, but it was worth it, I spent time looking at myself and wondering what was wrong with me and the more I looked the more I realized nothing was wrong with me, it was him!!!

Take the time to look at yourself and learn about yourself. Confidence and self-esteem are a must! DOn't let those small things bug you, because when they know it bugs you, they will do it more!!! The more you pretend like it doesn't matter, or even laugh at it and even go along with it, then they aren't getting the reaction they want and it will stop.

Also, don't worry about it either, in the long run no one is going to remember the next day. That is one thing I learned, I was always afraid of what people would think of me if I messed up or said the wrong thing, but no one remembers those dumb little things. And if they do and then obviously they have a problem!!!!

You'll be fine!! Just don't let it get to you, and then you'll be able to laugh about it and just realize they are just trying to have a little fun with you. It doesn't sound like they are trying to be overtly mean.