He seems worth my time...

So...I meet a guy at church a few weeks back. Immediately, my first impression is "awww! he's cute!" I had to talk to him! I saw him go outside to help some other people with something. So outside I went...plus there were some of my friends out there. I talked with him a little bit...y'know not to much...not even to him specifically. He went inside and so did everyone else. I went inside as well, because you know I din't want to be sitting out there alone. I sit down near this guy and my friend is with us. He is working on something and it's just some small chit chat between us. Mostly my friend and I talking. I learn his name. Also I'm silly and let it slip out that I'm single. Well, I asked my friend if there was somthing wrong with me or if my face was all disfigured and possibly that was the reason I'm single. My friend starts joking that I am all ugly...the guy I like just compliments me on my smile and says there's nothing wrong with me that he can see. I do my best to flirt...I admit I suck! It was fun that night! Except how the guy I like was asking me to close my eye and stick out my hands. I do it...I open my eyes and see him with the super glue of the gods...Liquid Nails! I'm a dork...so it all works...

Next week I go to church again. Mass is still going on and I'm just hanging with teh friend I mentioned before. Mass let's out and the guy I like approaches both of us and said he saw me on campus the other day. So at least he recognizes me! We talked for a very brief period about it and then he hung out with some other people. Later that night, he approaches my friend and I, and tells us each individually good bye. Does some little handshake type deal with my friend...then with me, but it seemed longer. Hard to explain how it even went...it was so odd, but hey it's physical contact. And he smiles and OMG...I turn to jello right then and there. I don't know what to say except smile and say "Sure!" and "Yeah, that's cool!" all teh while he is saying he'll see me on campus and possibly come up and say hi if he sees me. I felt like okay maybe he likes me? But then again I don't like to misinterpret things and be wrong.

Okay, this past week, I saw him. I get there and another friend (the past friend didn't come) walk to where everyone else is and the guy I like comes up and greets us two. We talk and he says he didn't see me on campus. I said I didn't see him either. He then went on jokingly how he thought I was perhaps avoiding him. I told him I wasn't and that I would have stayed around after my class (his is in the same room after mine) had I not had a class right after it accross campus. We talk a lot more than any of the previous times. It was fun...we hung out with different people after talking for a bit. But in the end...towards the end of the night...he sits at the same table as my friend and I and we start talking again. That's about it for that night really...

And now here I am right now. My friend I was hanging with that last day knows I like the guy a lot and has decided to befriend him and do what he can. Just wants to be sure he was a nice guy...and he says he seems like it and gave me all these reasons for him to be....just said that if I wanted something to happen, I would more than likely have to make the first move. He also observed that last day and says he might like me...he (the guy I like) seems to actually listen to me when I talk. He also observed some flirting...and he said most the conversations us three had together was mostly the guy I like and I talking.

I know I'm being silly...seen the guy 3 times and already I'm crushing on him. He actually seems like he is worth my time. He seems like a really nice guy. My friend is deteremined to get us together BTW. I'm getting to the point that I just want to ask out the guy. But I'm hesitant...I don't want to come accross horribly especially if all he wants is friendship. Any advice? Please? I've come this far by myself and I'm just so nervous and don't know what to do or how to do it. Or even if it is a good time?

What's the big rush? You said yourself you've only talked with him 3 times. Why don't you give it some more time and let the attraction grow. It sounds like he is starting to like you. Eventually I think he will ask you out (if he does like you like that).

But if you want to ask him out. Why don't you do a group date or something with your girl friend, & guy friend, or something like that, so it is more comfortable. Or if you really want it to be just you two, you could casually mention something like seeing a movie or something along those lines. But like I said before I would wait a bit longer and let him do the initiating, and then if it seems like he is too shy to then you could do the asking.

It sounds to ME like he likes you, and it sounds to me like you know that he is! So why are you hesitating? I say you call him up and ask him to the movies! The connotation is obvious (date) and if he only wants to be friends... well, he's a nice guy so he won't be cruel. And if he only wants to be friends, you haven't lost anything because you weren't going to be together anyway!

Good luck and let me know how it turns out

(If you ask him to the movie and he asks who else is coming, then he's probably not really interested in the one and one date thing... yet. Give the name of a good friend who'll tag along for support and you'lll be set.)

If this crush has enough confidence to say hello, then he would be confident enough to ask you out. Don't worry, about the idea of pursuing him. Men are used to pursuing & go after what they really want. In the meantime, just enjoy whatever company you have with him when you see him. There are ways to speed up the process for him to ask you out by being alittle flirty & using your sense of humor to figure out activities you have in common to give him ideas in terms of what to do if he does like you & wants to ask you for a date. Besides you barely know the guy, so take your time in getting to know him b4 you can actually trust liking him.

I dunno what the big rush is...I'm a dork...I guess I'm just scared because school is almost over and he'll be going back home for 3 months. LOL!

I'm thinking about getting his AIM SN...phone number seems to risky. Sound better?

BTW, I don't have any friends that are girls...I just can't get along wih them. Guys...haha...just fine. Except for when certain study buddies just randomly are like "what would you do if I kissed you?"

I also think this topic belongs in maybe another forum...but I dunno where else would do. Teehee...