What could this mean?

Ltrjx13

So today, me and my boyfriend who recently just got back together from being on a break with each other went on a date. The day surprisingly went pretty good. We talked (A LOT) and it was nothing like our old dates before. On our old dates, yeah they would feel nice and all but they would most of the time feel lifeless and dry. The last time we even used our phones. During this date, we actually sat at the restaurant table and spoke to each other and smiled, made eye contact and laughed. Then we went to a clothing store and he did something he's never really done before. He tried on clothes and took photos and then sent them to me. This is something he's never done before (considering he's not really big on shopping). We then went back to my house and usually, before the break, it would always be me that would have to run to see him. He told me that he wanted to change things around and start seeing me more often instead at my house. We bonded really well and things actually felt great. I could just be overthinking things but the date was not like our old dates where it felt like he was uninterested.

I don't know how long he can keep up either. There have been times where he's shown a ton of effort and then it would stop. It was like an on and off pattern. He claims that he's really bad at showing emotion (plus, I am his first real relationship). I gave a lot of positive reinforcement today. If Godforbid he starts to slow down again and go back to the old routine, what do I say or do?

I don't know how long he can keep up either. There have been times where he's shown a ton of effort and then it would stop. It was like an on and off pattern. He claims that he's really bad at showing emotion (plus, I am his first real relationship). I gave a lot of positive reinforcement today. If Godforbid he starts to slow down again and go back to the old routine, what do I say or do?

At that point, you'd probably just have to conclude that he can't change who he fundamentally is and that you're not compatible.

Archived