am i really in love?

ok this past january this guy ( jeff ) and i started dating. we liked each other for quite a while before we started talking about dating. he started telling me that he loved me. at first i was a little weary about saying it back but now i say it all the time.

we just broke up. and now im going out with one of our friends. jeff told me he wants me to be happy so i should be with this other guy. i put up a post asking for advice and now people are telling me that i dont know true emotion. that im in lust not love. i am really confused. i know in my heart that i love him truly but people are saying different.

they said if i truly love him that i would want him to be happy and i would rather him be happy than be with me. i need to know what you all think. please help me. i am really really confused about this.

if yall could shed some light on the situation i would be really glad to hear your opinion.

hey thanks chica_amber! oh btw nice name! lol. i needed that. if anyone else would like to give me more advice i would really appreciate it a lot.

oh yeah chica_amber is my big sister if you didnt already figure it out. oh yeah she is really gorgeous and single. so if any guys in the houston area are interested ( she is sixteen ) hey hey hey its ur lucky day try emailing her

Okay.....my boyfriend and I broke up. I loved him so much & to this day I still don't want him to be happy unless it's with me. lol. It sounds mean, but it's what I feel. And you feel the same way. There is nothing wrong with that. It just hurts to think of him being happy with someone else when you still love him.