I feel like I'm always acting

RandomPerson34

I feel as though I'm always acting out my emotions. It's not that I'm not having fun (if I'm out with friends), but I don't feel anything inside me. But laughter and smiles come out and appear on my face anyways. And if one of my friends tells me something funny, or good, I smile automatically. But I don't feel happiness inside me. It just feels empty. Some people may do this because they have been traumatized or something, but I haven't. Nothing really bad ever happened to me.

Also, I don't know if this would help, but apparently, I show high alexithymic traits. But I'm not fully alexithymic.

I'm just letting out my feelings and what I think about myself. I don't really mind if no one answers, but I just wanted to see if anyone could help me to understand. Thank you in advance if you do respond!

I like my friends, and I love my loved ones, but sometimes, it just feels like I'm acting out the fun, of sadness, or other emotions that I feel when I'm with them.

And no, this is not limited to just things that "should" elicit laughter. It also occurs when my friends or family are sad or hurt. I don't feel sad, and I can't understand their feelings. I just involuntarily react the way normal people would. Or when someone is mad, I try to understand them and console them or be mad with them, but most of the time, I could care less about what they feel.

Archived