Help.

woowwoow1999

Over the last 11 years I have had a semi platonic male friend.

We have been on & off over the last 11 years, supported each other through hardship, relationships and illness and have finally decided to try a romantic relationship. We are currently together however we have previously had several relationship discussions before & have wanted different things, such as having children; I have subsequently had a child with someone else.

My issue is that despite intense love and care for this person, I have quite intense trust and jealously issues which I have never previously had in any other relationship. This is not me. Through the years I have seen this man cheat and manipulate several girlfriends & female friends, but More often than not this was for him to see or be with me both platonically and romantically. These past conquests often make a reappearance via social media, texts etc. He tells me he loves me & is caring & affectionate which I reciprocate genuinely, but we also still have our old relationship with insulting rude and dark banter. I am struggling to juggle both aspects.

To top it off this person and myself feel he may be on the sociopathic spectrum. Any advice ?!

What makes you think he's a sociopath? You were cheating with him too.

I can understand why you would have a hard time trusting someone you watched break relationship agreements with his partners over and over again. But that doesn't make him a sociopath... that just makes him bad at being monogamously partnered.

Has he changed? What makes you think he'll treat you differently then his pervious pattern of behavior?

Sociopaths have trouble with their emotions and usually don't care about anybody else but themselves. They're not the kind of people most would want to have a relationship with. You've already seen him behave badly. He'll do the same to you. I would be careful with him.

Archived