Concentration lapse

I am 28/M. I am currently having serious concentration and memory problem. When I am reading something I am being unable to concentrate and lots of other things are coming in my mind at a time. Hence either I am unable to remember what I am reading or I have to read that time and again, which is, very much, time wasting. This is also leading to performance lapse at my workplace.

Another problem which is quite general for me is that I am unable to remember numerical figures whether they are related to my work or not. I am also unable remember names a number of times.

Can anyone suggest any remedy?

Nemo

Well, you may be right. yes, there are some problems which are affecting me psychologically. But almost everyone faces such problems. The problems are related to my workplace where the environment is full of tension and stress and that is mainly because of some dirty office politics. Other problems are related to everyday life. So these are not something which are extraordinary ones. Everyone faces these problem nowadays. In fact, I tend to get tensed over petty and everyday matters very easly. That may be the reason for the problem. But I am unale to find any solution.

Capt. Nemo

When I get stressed........I have learned a few techniques that will really help if you "practice" them and use them........

First One # Get a large heavy book (I used a phone book) lay flat on your back in a comfortable spot (put on some soft music, and forget about everything....really clear your mind...think about nothing) now place the book on your stomach a little bit above your belly button area. When people get stressed they tend to breath from the top of their chest known as shallow breathing......The book helps you learn and become aware of your breathing patterns, that is why you need a heavy book, because you have to push out with your stomach and you can really feel the book on you........It is know as deep breathing.......you will feel the difference immediately. As you start breathing be sure to breath out and push the book as far out as possible.....it is almost if you want to imagine you have a basketball in your stomach as you breath out...then let the breath out real slow......do this about 10 times really slow...it will help allot......just try it and practice it...and you will become aware of how you have been breathing when you get stressed..........of course you would look pretty funny doing this at work...so when you get stressed at work.......say to yourself.....PEACEFULLY, RELAXINGLY, EASILY, those three words will have a calming effect on you...repeat it several times slowly and I'm sure it will help. I have been their my friend. Stay in touch and let me know if it helps...you can pm me anytime. "Low Stress'' is the key no matter what. Do you work in a call center ?...if you do I know that it can be pretty stressful, especially if it is real competitive and full of office politics where management plays favorites (I hate that) and you have the fear of loss of losing your job because people are counting on you........that might be the problem.......so chill breath, don't worry it will get better.....relax and just do the best you can, that is all anyone would ever ask of you. You can do this......

gotta run for now, nice day outside and I want to get off the keyboard and enjoy it.

Good Luck, your new low stress friend

Gone Surfing !

Kuhl

8)