A lot can happen in three months.

twentysix

Wow, so last time I posted on here I was going through a break up with my long term boyfriend of nearly 6 years. I've now moved out and living on my own.

The first 10 days or so were really hard, but it was also really good because I was able to reflect on everything that happened and even the relationship as a whole. I came to a realisation that although my ex and I got along fantastic and thought the world of each other, there was something seriously missing. It seems like even since the very beginning, we were only ever just really good friends. There was never any passion. We spoke about this recently and we are both on the same page with it, and have both accepted what's happened between us and are looking at moving on.

Speaking of moving on. I've actually started seeing a new guy. I was hesitant to go out with him at first because things with my ex are still kind of fresh, but the fact that we got along so well and things seemed quite mutual, I decided to give it a shot. If anything, as a test to see how I'd feel going on a date with someone new. Would I compare him to the ex? Would I miss the ex? Would I feel guilty?

The answer to all of those questions was no. I'm ready to move on. I know it seems quick (3 months), but I've somehow accepted this. Maybe I knew it all along in my subconscious? Maybe I had already started moving on in my head long before I realised it.

And this new guy? We are taking things slow. We both really like each other and are having a ball getting to know each other. But there's definatly passion. Something I've been missing for a long time. Could it be fate? Who knows. One day at a time.

Twentysix! So good to hear from you, mate! I've wondered how you are faring. And what a positive three months to report, on the whole! I sincerely hope you are pleased with yourself and proud of your hard work to recover and progress. You've been your own true heroine and I find it impressive, indeed.

Thanks for sharing this - I'm absolutely delighted on your behalf.

Head high! You deserve it. I wish you all the best.

Twentysix! So good to hear from you, mate! I've wondered how you are faring. And what a positive three months to report, on the whole! I sincerely hope you are pleased with yourself and proud of your hard work to recover and progress. You've been your own true heroine and I find it impressive, indeed.

Thanks for sharing this - I'm absolutely delighted on your behalf.

Head high! You deserve it. I wish you all the best.

Thank you Dahl, and also thank you for your support through this, you're a true legend x

I'm actually very happy at the moment, which is a surprise to me, but I'm not going to question it haha!

Archived