Is he only interested because I'm the only single friend?

FireFly92

Hello to anyone reading this =]

I've recently moved to a new place out in the country and me and some friends who also live here have discovered a favourite pub. We go there quite often and 2 of my friends are neighbours with a few people who go there, and are really friendly with one of them in particular. This guy is 42 (although honestly would not put him a day over 30. We are all roughly 26) and has asked them if any of us in the group are single, they told him yes, me, and now I feel he's a bit like oh great, someone new in the village who's actually available. He comes over to us to say hi whenever we're in there and chats and everything, he's really nice and funny but I just feel like if he was interested in any of us in particular wouldn't he have asked outright instead of "are any of your friends single". Do you think he's just going for whatever he can get?! He's quite charming so I can't imagine he'd have trouble meeting someone, it's just convenient that we're often in the same place and live near each other. Don't really want to ask my friends as they're really keen to see us get together and would probably just tell me to shut up and stop thinking about it so much Haha.

Thanks for any advice, have a good day!

It sounds like he's just flirting or trying to pick up women in the pub if he's asking around about who's single. Continue being friendly, etc. but if he's not asking you out specifically then he doesn't seem that interested.

discovered a favourite pub. This guy is 42 We are all 26. I just feel like if he was interested in any of us in particular wouldn't he have asked outright instead of "are any of your friends single". Do you think he's just going for whatever he can get?!

I know what you mean, he'll come and sit and put his hand on my knee and said he'd like to make me dinner sometime, I'm just thinking exactly what you say though, the fact he's asking around makes me think he's just trying to pick people up and it's not me specifically he's interested in I'm just a woman who happens to be single haha. Thanks for the reply !

• 2 weeks later...

He may be interested but probably knows that the age gap might be an issue going forward. Like many of us that recognize the challenges of going after younger women, he may be in a spot where he doesn't want to waste time with anything that doesn't have long term prospects clearly written all over it.

If this is the case, at least he's being respectful enough NOT to waste your time or create an uneasy situation between you and mutual friends.

Archived