Im not sure how to talk about this, but I will try.

I have been feeling depressed and feel my life lacks any purpose. I really feel that I am nothing but a waste of molecules. As silly and childish that it is, I often wish I had never been born. My past has been a struggle to survive, and my future seems to continue to be a struggle.

I'm not ungrateful for making it this far, but what worries me to no end is that my life seems to have no purpose. I feel I have very little, if anything, to look forward to.. it's so hard just to make ends meet and to get up everyday.

How does one find out their purpose in life? I feel very lost and alone as I have few family that actually stay in contact with me and have basically felt abandoned for the most part.

What keeps people going? The fact is, I'm tired of this sh**ty world and sick of being a hamster on a wheel...

Can anyone relate with me or tell me something that might help.. please let me know. I have been very depressed lately.

Thank you.

Someone of someone influenced the innuendo that your unwanted. One of the biggest drives of human nature is to be appreciated. Do you have any friends? If not join a club, something to express yourself, and you might even meet someone with the same interests as you! Just don't worry about it, only thing you need to worry about is not to not doing anything about this problem. It's severe, takes away esteem, ruins peoples lives. So go out there and meet some people, there not going to bite!

I wish i could offer more then just someone to be there for you to talk to but i really don't know what else to do, im in the same situation, feeling wise.

but you can always pm me and let me know what is going on. sometimes if you catch me in a up mood then i'll have a bright idea that works for me so maybe it'll work for you too.

pm me if you wanna.

bye,

love Qtpie87

I appreciate everyone's imput.. and if anyone out there has suggestions, please let me know.. if I didn't care about other people, I would reverse my existence pronto... now and then I still toy with the idea.

MetallicAguy: friends just don't seem to help much.. I have friends, good ones, but I work and go to college full time so I don't have time to join clubs or such.

I_KicKed_keNNedy: So I should just lay back and enjoy the scenery, eh?

That doesn't seem to work either. I still want to get off the friggin bus.

And I believe you.. kicked kennedy, that is.

QTpie87: Thank you. Funny how it is.. I'm excellent about helping others but darned if I can help myself.

im really upset that u feel this way, i think that u need to seek professional advice because it's obvious that the feelings u have aint just happened over night, they run deep.

i really hope evrything works out for you, take care.

ZEM: I have been where you are now. Not so much really as "wanting to get off the bus", but rather not having anyone at all and being in a new strange place to live. That does take guts, in more ways than one. At the time I didn't think much of it, but now I realize I took a big risk in doing what I did.

This may not rank as high as what you're going through, but in my opinion, you need to learn to appreciate yourself. Sometimes tuning out the world all around us and listening to ourselves instead is useful. Try to get away from the city for a while if you live there and stay out in the country in the middle of nowhere for a while. It may not make much sense but if you are patient, nature will show its beauty to you in so many ways. The problems we have today lies in the root of what people in the cities want...always living in the 'fast lane', wanting to try out new fads, new ideas that make no sense, climbing a ridiculous social ladder....sorry but it just isn't worth it a lot of times. Doing all that just to look good in the eyes of other people? No thanks, because I personally don't give a damn what those other people think of me. I do care about what I think about myself.

You think you're a waste? You think you have no purpose? I beg to differ, you know why? The very fact that you posted this topic here indicates that you have not even come close to convincing yourself that what you say is true. You don't want to believe that and you shouldn't. In the late 1930s and early 1940s, the Nazis viewed plenty of Jews and Soviet POWs as the waste you describe...I would be more than happy to show you some very explicit pictures of what they did to people they thought were wastes of lives. These are not Hollywood type pictures that you see on TV or even in the movies...trust me, Hollywood does not have the guts to show the REAL pictures of the atrocities that happened in that time. Also, to somewhat correct myself, it was not the Nazis alone that committed a lot of those atrocities...there was wrong done all sides, but of course, history writes who the worst of them were and today we associate that word with pure evil. But I digress I'm getting off topic a bit here...

You are not a waste. I'd be willing to bet that you've got a hobby or something that really interests you that another person would enjoy learning themselves. I am also willing to bet that your day-to-day life might be a little too monotonous. Work, come home, eat, sleep, repeat. Instead, trying going to a bookstore and reading instead, or find a club to take up a new hobby. I won't lie and tell you it'll be easy, you will have to make a little effort, but it can make a really big difference.