females opinion needed!

i know this is a hard one to answer but just looking for some females opinons on the subject..........is it better for the guy to take the initiative on the first date to hold hands or to put his arm around a girl or should the girl lol.....and if the guy should are their certian signs to look for.........i know it depends on the girl......personaly i have experienced both. sometimes a girl would just grab my hand and so on........and sometimes i would go for hers....."with mixed results" they would either go with it, or get uncomfortable and then it makes the rest of the date "weird" lol. i will admit i suck at reading girls so just looking for tips/opinons from the fairer sex

Personally, I think the guy should make the first move.

Call me old fashioned, but most girls I know who make the first moves are cheap and just bad news >_

I know if I tried to outwardly pick up a guy in my area I'd probably make him think I was easy.

Guy have gotta fight for you, makes it fun and interesting. That way, when you reflect years on about how your happy relationship started you will have alot of interesting stories to tell the grandkids.

*sighs* Im an idealist.

But really... It depends whos more shy, it doesn't have too much to do with what sex you are hey. I am a girl, and personally I would never pull the moves on a guy. Its not always a good thing... but the whole thing scares me deeply every single time. Its not.. excitement, just fear. So, I say the guy should make the moves asap and get it OUT of the road. Otherwise it just gets awkward because shes polite and left there waiting for you to do something lol.

I know if I tried to outwardly pick up a guy in my area I'd probably make him think I was easy.

You are an idealist.. so imagine the guy you are about to pick up is your ideal guy, in the sense he is very compatible with you, and he is attracted to you (not necessarily he is a prince with tons of island and castles).

If you approach your ideal guy, he will never think about you as anything negative...or just "easy". Why? Because you are also an ideal girl for him.

Now, I think you dont want to settle for some un-ideal guys who not really like you or not very compatible with you.

Think about it: if he is "your guy" he will accept you and your straightforward action. And you want only him, if he is not ideal guy you simple do not want anything with him, and it doesnt matter what he thinks, right?