to go back to therapy or not..

ken78

i was in long term therapy then my counselor left the industry as it wasnt enough to make ends meet, it was painful but i understand why it ended; though still do miss having that level of comfort where i can talk about anything and have it be easy, or at least not feel awkward when i struggle for words(which is often unless I am comfortable with someone). transitioned to someone different but it wasnt the same, very different style, which i told myself was fine since i was very nervous about developing that same level of comfort only to lose it again, other things started to get in the way and it just made sense to break out on my own completely since i had been in therapy for quite a while i figured it was time.

at the end, with my original counselor, it was once or month or less, with some hiatus in between but it was nice to know that time was always there to count on, now matter how things were even if I left off on my own for a while, I knew it was there if I needed it. but now that comfort level is not there anymore and I wish it was. for all practical purposes i dont have a bad life, can pay the bills with plenty for healthy and unhealthy hobbies, and saving for retirement. i should be doing more things to get out, not let things build up at work or at home but its hard to get moving, it just builds up until it becomes a problem that cant be ignored, have always had trouble connecting with people though live in a big city.

What are the "unhealthy hobbies"? Hopefully the transition to another therapist will go well.

A therapist can help you with things but you have to do the rest of the work anyway to create a life outside of those therapeutic walls.

i dont have a bad life, can pay the bills with plenty for healthy and unhealthy hobbies.

a lot more drinking and occasionally other substances. i kind of have trouble being at the forefront of things, i.e. without a net, its more pronounced at work but my talents/interests dont lie in becoming management. personally, it seems to translate into avoidance of uncomfortable situations.

Archived