Good place for a noon date

I met a guy last week while he was in town on a layover (he is a pilot from Nashville TN and I live in Atlanta GA). Anyway, we got to talking and exchanged phone numbers. We have talked everyday since and seem to have a lot in common. He is coming down this weekend so we can go on an official date. He will arrive Friday night and leave Saturday night. I have to be at work at 6pm on Saturday so that gives us saturday morning/afternoon to go out on an official date. I have never been on an afternoon date before and was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions. I don't want to do something far from home either since he will have spent 4 hours in the car driving here. I want to do something where we can have fun but still be able to talk and get to know each other better. I was thinking a picnic in the park cause we both like outdoors things and there is a trail there that we can walk on. Any suggestions would be great!

Also, when he gets here Friday night I am sure he will be tired from driving (plus he has to fly Friday morning) and was thinking of maybe having dinner ready for him when he gets here and then renting a movie to watch. Just make it a casual evening...what are your opinions on this?

Thanks in advance for your replies and suggestions!

he can have dinner with you at his hotel??

it's like my mom always say. Don't just fall into their laps and make it too easy. He will come to expect it, and will definitely not go out of his way to do anything special for you.

It's your first date, yes he might be tired, but he will have to put in a bit of effort too. It's not all up to you, you know....

I suppose.... but in my opinion you should not be going to his hotel room for a first night out. How about ordering pizza and eating it at the pizzeria?? It's not a formal dinner, and it is casual enough.....

do you understand why im suggesting you do this?

I suppose you could do anything that would make you feel comfortable, just remember not to make things too comfortable. It is an admirable quality, but they tend to take it for granted too early in a relationship. and then expect you to do it. Not becouse it is special, becouse that is the norm that you set.

Good luck, sounds like it could be a great new relationship!