How do you do this?

Okay, here is my issue. My ex called and came over my house the other day friendly I am sure but, problem being is that I still have strong feelings for him and don't think he has the same for me. So the past couple of days I have been thinking alot about trying to be JUST FRIENDS with him, since he just popped back into my life. Obviously he wants me to be a least friends with him, as do I. How do you go from like best friends to a relationship back to just friends. It's like I have to teach myself to be just friends with him again. With all of my feelings for him I am not quite sure I am able to do that, but I don't want him to be out of my life. Any suggestions for anyone that has been through this before, or has any good ideas about my situation on what they would do I would appreciate it. Thanks. XOXOXOX

it's always hard to regain those once friendship feeings after having been intimate with him,...openly conversate with him to reduce the awkwardness usually associated with these incidences......the thing is if he's not being awkward about it, niether should you!! I mean he's coming over your place and whatnot so try to not be self-aware that you once dated him and invision him as the person he was when you first met him..good luck