I don't want to fall asleep... Nightmares every night!!!

I read another girl's post about her having nightmares and it encouraged me to write... I also have terrible nightmares - EVERY NIGHT. It has happened since I was in a roll over accident on January 25 of this year. My boyfriend was driving and the tred fell off the tire, it sent us out of control, my truck went off the road, flipped over. We both lived - I had just put my seat belt on 2 miles before the accident - he wasn't wearing his. Neither of us were hurt all that badly... minor scraps etc... so why the nightmares EVERYNIGHT??? I've dreamed of the roll over a few times, but mostly it is dreaming that I lose my boyfriend... usually he breaks up with me etc... I have horrible feelings of abandonment. FInally, when I wake up, I'm soaked in sweat, usually tied up in my sheets and relieved that my boyfriend is lying asleep next to me. The sadness is so over-whelming that the feeling lasts throughout the day. Because I know what to expect when I fall asleep at night, I dread going to bed... why is this happening? What can I do? I didn't have these nightmares before...

Maybe the nightmares are telling you to wear your seatbelt more often?

I think it is deeper than that, but nice try

What the crash did was scare the living crap out of you, for lack of a better term.... You have a new fear of crahsing, and it's outcomes, which is completely understandable. For instance, I once saw a lady on TV who couldn't make left turns since her car crash while making one..... i'll come back to her in a sec

You, on the other hand, have taken this scare, this near death experience differently. Your fears come out in your nightmares (much more common than an inabillity to complete the same task that was happening when the accident happened!).

Like the lady who became incapable of making a left turn, you really have little choice than to talk about your fears with a proffesional. You don't want these nightmares haunting you any longer, and it is most likly a phycyatrist could help you overcome your fear.

I'm sure this is just one option, but I hope you chose what works best with your personallity.

Good luck

Jimbo.

I've never been in an accident (knock on wood) but I dream of losing my BF almost every night. I don't know why, because he isn't likely to leave me nor I him, but in my dreams he either breaks up with me, cheats on me, or dies. I chalk it up to the fact that I care about him so much and need him in my life.

I wake up in tears, or sometimes confusion if we are even still together (of course we are, it just takes me a moment to realize I'd been dreaming). Anyway, while I can't offer much help I can offer sympathy because I know how you are feeling.