How do I fix my mistakes

Ok, I just joined today, and I can't believe how many similiar stories I have read. I thought I was alone. Ok me and my boyfriend have been together for 2 1/2 years. We have always had our ups and downs but we truly believed once we were done with school we would get married. I graduated college a year ago and started to work F/T. I was scared this would put a strain on our relationship. I was right we started to bicker alot, then it turned into crazy fighting. It got to the point where i was just being mean for no reason and he would try but I didn't even though I loved him and continue to love him so much. Anyway about 2 months ago we got in a stupid fight and he looked at me and said it was over. We talked for a few weeks every couple of days even saw each other. He told me he was pretty sure we would get through this and to relax. Well of course being lonely I pushed and pushed until he got to the point of telling me he didn't want to be with anyone. I was devestated I brought this on myself. I tried backing off only calling or going to his house everyday few days like once a week to keep contact. It seemed to be working we started talking again and when I asked where is this going he said he didn't know. He continously said I love you though if I said it. Finally we were suppose to go to a wedding last weekend and he got scheduled to work and couldn't get off he tried so hard but he couldn't so I started to cry telling him I had an excuse to stop by or call and now I don't, he told me i would always find an excuse and that hurt me, i left with our i love you's and went to the wedding. He was right though I found an excuse 4 days later. I went to talk to him about something stupid and started to cry I told him I missed him and loved him and he said he knew and understood but needed space I left telling him I loved him and he said it back and hugged me goodbye I haven't talked to him for 6 days. I know it's not that long but the longest I have ever gone without speaking ot him. Do you think it's over, does anyone have any advice. I could use it! Thanks Dee

I was in the same boat, but the sexes reversed. I cryed to my ex, called her a bunch, etc and all that did was push her away. She told me that she didn't want to date anyone, even though I know she's seeing someone else right now (didn't want to hurt my feelings by telling me? still wanted to keep me as an option in case this other guy didn't work out, i don't know). All you can do is back off and not contact him. 6 days feels like forever, but you gotta do it. Cause if you call him, you'll just be right back where you were before. If what you've been doing hasn't been working (crying, calling for no real reason, etc), then try something different. In fact, do the opposite: don't call him.

If he cares about you enough, he'll have time to think, realize he misses you and call you. If he doesn't call, then it wasn't meant to be, and you use that to get over him. Everyone's different, but my ex and I went a week without talking (the longest we've ever not talked) and she called me telling me she missed me. I don't want to get your hopes up, but giving them space is all you can do.