How do I move on from this betrayal?

Yeeez14

A person who used to be a best friend of mine named Alex betrayed very deeply. Ever since he started hanging around with a group of kids that aren't the nicest, I noticed that he has been changing for the worst. He would jokingly call me a loser and other mean words. Today in the morning in the halls at school I was saying hi to him and he completely ignored me like I wasn't there.

Then later in the afternoon we ran into each other we talked about stuff then Alex brought up a fight we had a couple of months ago. After that he said that now he is trying to get me kicked out of our gym class. Then what really made me mad is that he said that he was pretending to be friends with me. Since he told me this in the hallway I waited to confront him.

In gym I confronted him. I know that I could had confronted him in a nice manner but I was so upset. I yelled at him saying "You're fake" "I hate you" "Burn in hell". I know that was over dramatic but I felt so betrayed that I wasn't thinking of what I was saying. Like I got even more madder when I over heard a conversation he was having with a friend that were both friends with saying "I didn't even want to be friends with this person" that hurt me even more because he's the one after our last fight to approach me to be friends again. He's the one who said that we were "best friends" At that point it was nearly the end of class and I ran up to him saying "You're so freaking fake like you pretended to be friends with me" I took a swing at him with my fists. He then started to run and I ran after him I was trying to punch him the teacher saw what was going on. As a result, the teacher broke up the fight.

Now that I cooled down I am able to see I was wrong for trying to punch him. I am worried about going to school tomorrow because I don't know if people are on his side and against me.

What should I do about this situation?

Go to school and try your best to ignore him. I am sure there are other nice people you can befriend and who don't treat you the way he did. If he talks smack, there is not really much you can do to prevent that, but you can try to ignore it. Just don't get mad anymore. Once you get mad they get a reaction out of you and they might tease you more. If you pretend you don't care this subject with soon loose interest with everyone and they will leave you alone.

Archived