Need encouraging words

brigirl92

I had panic attack today. I really don't want to go into major detail why. I am clinically depressed and I go to counseling. Life has been a roller coaster lately. Things start to look up and I feel more certain about what I want in life, but then out of nowhere I become depressed, self doubt comes back, and I'm not sure of anything. Everything seems to be some trigger lately to the point I'm always irritable and I wrongly get defensive and take it out on people I care about. Today was one of my lowest days as I haven't had a panic attack and a couple of years. I'm feeling a little better now, but I'm still quite upset. I don't want to get stuck here. I just need any words of encouragement right now to help me get through the rest of the day. Thank you.

Panic attacks are horrendous to those who've suffered them, and those who haven't will never understand the horror of them. You're in an endless loop of fear of fear, I've been there. It's good you're having councelling, and I found that hypnotherapy helped a little also. Has your doctor prescribed anything for it? I found Citalopram (UK brand drug) knocked my attacks on the head, it's an anti-deppresant that works well for OCD and anxiety attacks, but you can lose your libido if the dosage is incorrect. Perhaps ask your Doctor about it? Other than that, carry a paper bag in your pocket at all times to breathe in to the moment you feel an attack coming on. Make your friends aware of the issue, so they can be as supportive as possible. Most of the people I know who've suffered them have got past them eventually, but you must talk to your Doctor.

Thank you. No I haven't had anything prescribed for the panic attacks. Right now my diagnosis is persistent depressive disorder. I was taking an over the counter pill for depression, but have discontinued with the approval of my counselor months ago. I'm not all too sure if I would get anything prescribed for panic attacks cause I'm not all too sure if they would be considered recurring? I've only had 3 panic attacks, each long periods of time apart, and I'm 23 years of age. But whose to say it can't get worse so I'll definitely bring it up to my counselor during my next appointment and explore what could be done about it.

Having panic attacks are horrible. I'm so sorry that you have one. The first time I had one I was sure that I was going to die.

Counseling is definitely helpful, if you have a good therapist. I hope that you have one. Thankfully I had one when I was meeting with my therapist and he was able to help me out. Unfortunately, I am having them again and my stress level has also risen, so we're in a similar boat. I truly wish that I had some helpful and insightful words to help you through this, but I unfortunately do not. The only thing that I can say is that you're not alone with your battle. Hope that your day was better today.

Having panic attacks are horrible. I'm so sorry that you have one. The first time I had one I was sure that I was going to die.

Counseling is definitely helpful, if you have a good therapist. I hope that you have one. Thankfully I had one when I was meeting with my therapist and he was able to help me out. Unfortunately, I am having them again and my stress level has also risen, so we're in a similar boat. I truly wish that I had some helpful and insightful words to help you through this, but I unfortunately do not. The only thing that I can say is that you're not alone with your battle. Hope that your day was better today.

Thank you for the kind words. Today was a lot better than yesterday. I have a great counselor and my mood has improved dramatically, it's just my depression still ebbs and flows like a wave sometimes. This past week has been trying. I'm sorry to hear that you're stressed out. Whatever you're going through I hope you get through it. And as cliche as it sounds, it does get better. Nothing is permanent, remember that. Your current situation doesn't dictate your final destination. We're in this together and we will get through it

Archived