Birthday Present Ideas?

Ok guys, a girl i like is 17 on tuesday, i have no money but im going to get her a card. Should i get her a present? Im her friend (although not a great friend, but i have given her some advice over the past few weeks and she said she values my opinion and has told me more about things than she has told her best mate!) but Ive not been getting the right signals from her saying she wants to be more than friends and telling her could ruin a friendship

so should i get her a present?

i was thinking maybe a balloon or a bunch of balloons left at her desk on tuesday morning in her college lesson before she gets there with the card - i found out her fav colours are blue and pink today

This would help coz its cheap, a little different and sweet right?

Any ideas on what present i should get her? Is the balloon a good idea? How many balloons? What colours? Leavin it at her desk. is that a good idea?

Any ideas or help will be greatly appreciated

thanks

mike

the thing is we are friends and her knowing i fancy her could ruin a good friendship especially as she may have a bf by then (he asked her out, she said i want to get to know you better, he said im afraid of losing you, she said if you want something to happen then its up2 you as i like you) and her best mate told her he fancys her and ruined there friendship, so me telling her i like her will be like her and her best mate all over again i think and will confuse her even more

i need something, sweet, charming and nice but funny and cute and cheeky all in one!!

oh and no im 18 not 29

a little stuffed toy is good, its curte, it gives her somethign tangible, its not expensive, adn if you chose one carefully you can get something that matches her personality. but the question is, how quickly do you want to escalate this relationship? if you choose a toy thats cute,m adn matches her personallity, its not like your giving her love hearts anything that obvious, you could tell her you saw it and it made you think of her, so you bought it.

well i dont think she is attracted to me or interested in me in that way right now so i wanna still be her friend and when her and this other guy break up and if im still interested in her then i will say something but until then i will be her friend etc

i know she likes me2you bears but i know she has loads of them and i know that my mate got her one of them for her bday so i cant get that.

so maybe a bunny rabbit or what other animals are sweet?

if i said this bunny rabbit made me think of you, will she think that is cute etc or will she wonder why she is being compared to a bunny rabbit?

becasue leaving a balloon at her desk is an anouncement. its saying "hey everyone somone likes me cos they left this balloon" its not something that i would do. i would try to keep things low key. but you know the girl, if you think thats not gunna be an issue...the best presents are the ones that reflect your special connection with each other, somethign thats going to maek her think of you fondly everytime she sees it.

I would agree with one of the first suggestions; a rose. I can't really think why you shouldn't use balloons as a 17th birthday present.. Personally I wouldn't. A rose is sweet!

Her favourite colours are blue and pink.. Maybe a little teddy bear that says Happy Birthday on its belly or something like that. Or something that lights up / flashes with Happy Birthday on it. It seems much more interesting than getting a 17 year old girl balloons.

right guys, cheers for the help, i never did ask her and as you may know, its her bday tomorrow

i was thinking of getting her a cuddly toy saying happy bday on it until we had this convo a couple of hours ago

her: i wonder what gav will get me (he is the guy she likes, and likes her but i dont think they are going out)

me: umm dunno, a big sloppy kiss!?

her: urgh, (then she laughed)

me: i laughed and randomly said, probably a donkey!

her: she laughed and said ooooo i would like a donkey

that made my mind up, i was going to get her a donkey, i checked my pockets for money and realised i only had £12 so i went to a shop and looked for cuddly donkeys, and i found a nice cute, eeeorrr (or how ever you spell it, you know the donkey from winnie the pooh)

what do you think?

lol, yeh im hoping she will like it

its a cuddly one yeh, no message on it, but im gonna buy a card in the morning and leave her one saying happy bday and something else inside it

there were some small ones with messages on it but they were tiny, this one is a normal size one but no message