How long until you put a label on your relationship?

CasualDude10

I met this girl on the 4th of July, we made out and had a great time. Ever since then, we've been on like 6 dates. Our last date was this past Saturday, we went with a group of friends to Canada for a night out and had a good night. I talked to her about us and what she thinks.

These are the highlights of what she said:

- She broke up with her boyfriend of two years in January and its hard to put a label

- I am the first guy since then she has felt a connection with

-I was also the first guy EVER besides her Ex she has gone on a date with and she was nervous

- She likes me

So basically I was wondering (Ive never had a serious relationship) how long does the usual beginning of a relationship on average go until you officially become "Boyfriend" "girlfriend"? I feel like it differs. I know its still VERY early, but if things continuing going as they are, I would really like to put a label on it with her.

Thanks

I personally wait about 1 1/2 - 2 months. Being someone's "boyfriend" comes with extra responsibilities(as well as joys), so I think it's better to keep things light and casual for a while. However, you two sound like you're rapidly approaching the boyfriend/girlfriend without a label stage. It's up to how you both feel. I say give it another few weeks of dating then ask her officially.

I think maybe within 2 or 3 months she should be able to know whether or not she wants to be your girlfriend. Everyone's different of course, but that seems like enough time to make that assessment to me. I'd just go with the flow for now and bring it up to her a little down the road. In my experience, that conversation just kind of comes up naturally after awhile.

Archived