Doesn't reply all of a sudden?

fin34

So I got this cute girls number and yesterday we talked since i got the number til about 11 pm and the conversation never really died. Today I texted her same time as yesterday but this time there were lots of delay in response. For example,

I asked: do you ahve some time to talk?

She said: yea a little

can always talk later, i dont want to bother you

its fine, just writing a college como

and then no response for an hour so i assumed she was working which was completely fine.

conversation starts back again and then my last text was "so what kind of movies do you like?"

no response.

Sure she is probably busy. What im more confused is that she uses lots of emoticons with like blush faces when i flirt and laughing/crying faces when i say something funny; but called me homie twice. It is evident that i like her and when i asked for her number she gave it to me without hesitation and even said she was excited because i told her i had to send her something. We always see each other and greet with a smile and i always make her laugh so i dont see her being uninterested in me or else she would ignore me or tell me she doesnt see me like the way i do.

I may work with her tomorrow in the work period, if she never responds tonight, should i say something like "hey you left me hanging yesterday" or "hey is everything alright?" "I was worried if something happened"

Or should i just play it cool and not make a big deal out of it?

The reason why im so worried is because my last ex and i had the same problem where she responded late and we broke up the next day but that was over a few months of dating. I dont understand since its been one day and all of a sudden lots interest.

I might just be going crazy and making something so small and meaningless into a big deal.

She's busy doing school work, so can't be texting you constantly.

Also...

"we can always talk later, i don't want to bother you''

"hey you left me hanging yesterday" or "hey is everything alright?" "I was worried if something happened"

DON'T say anything like that again. It sounds SO insecure and needy. I've had too many guys say that to me, some with multiple texts and it was a HUGE turn off.

If somebody doesn't reply, either they're busy or they don't want to. Texting them again does not convince them otherwise so avoid that.

People have lives, they're busy doing activities, working and going to school...Texting asking those questions makes you look terribly unattractive.

To add to what was said above ...

Don't message her things like "hey what's your favourite movie" or "what's your favourite food" etc etc. These are really, really bad. She's going to lose interest extremely fast with this, these questions can (and should) all be asked and answered in person. They are extremely boring and generic and sent through text are even more boring, if a girl sent me these sorts of questions through text I would drop her very quickly, they're just unimaginative and almost irritating. Use texting in these early stages to set up a meeting. The next thing you should send should be something like "hey, let's go for coffee, i've got some time off between classes". No more pointless messaging, be assertive and get this going in the direction you want it to be - dating. Back and forth passive messaging is gonna push her away from you and bore her, it's what 14 year olds do when they're too shy to talk to the girl in person. Just take control bro and ask her out, no more texts.

I 100% agree with the posters above. Asking stuff like "is everything ok" is EXTREMELY!!!!!!!!! needy and insecure and a HUGE HUGE turnoff for a girl. Also asking boring sh*t like what is your favorite movie is pointless. It doesn't take the interaction anywhere. It's the fastest way to the beloved friend zone. Ask her out and flirt with her, make her KNOW that you want her as man-to-woman not friend-to-friend. She HAS to know that. Otherwise her expectations might be something different and it's an instant "no" after that.

Be a friend or be a love but choose one.

ok thank you. I needed someone to tell me that its not a big deal and to calm down.

Also don't ever text a woman "I don't want to bother you." Ugh...wreaks of insecurity and tbh if I just met a guy and he texted me that...I would become immediately turned off.

Feelings can change on a dime in this extremely early stage, and a "seemingly" innocuous comment such as that can turn a woman, who was initially attracted to you, off.

Hopefully that didn't happen here...

Hey,

Yeah. You should talk to many girls rather than one. This is leading you to analyze her every move because you like her.

Don't say anything about the fact she didn't respond. It will make you seem clingy/needy and like she is the only girl in your life (which makes her think you're desperate for female attention and that turns them off) If anything, saying you went out for some fun or that you did something other than sit around thinking "why is she not texting me back" is a better approach.

The only time you should give a girl a bunch of attention is if she is already your girlfriend. Making yourself too available/jumping on her attention like someone thirsty for water in a desert is always bad. Just lean back, chill, talk to other girls and project that you have options. If she see can't see how great a guy you are (which I assume you have a healthy self-esteem) then why bother?

So if you do have other female friends, randomly bring up that you took one to a movie (not blunty, but say enough to let her fill-in-the-blank that it was a female) and how much fun you had (in a non-nonchalant way of course) then change topic.

If you have many girls in your life, you will not care about the actions of one. Made that mistake plenty of times.

Also, some girls like having "orbiters" (guys they use for male attention) when they are not in a relationship (some even like orbiters when they are in a relationship or even married) or even just to keep their self-esteem high (girls LOVE attention) So I'd say have fun with her, then be rare and hard to get a hold of.

Best of luck

Archived