IS MY BEST FRIEND AFTER MY EX

ME AND MY EX BROKE UP TWO MONTHS AGO. I STILL CARE ABOUT HIM AND WANT TO BE WITH HIM AND MY BEST FRIEND KNOWS THIS. I'VE COME TO FIND OUT THAT LATELY MY BEST FRIEND HAS BEEN HANGING WITH HIM. THEY MEET UP AT CLUBS AND PARTYS. YOU SEE WE ALL USED TO WORK TOGETHER. THEY WORKED WITH EACHOTHER FOR TWO YEARS BEFORE I STARTED WORKING WITH THEM. SO SHE KNEW HIM FIRST. EVEN WHEN WE WERE TOGETHER SHE WOULD CALL HIM AND ACT LIKE THEY WERE BEST FRIENDS. I NEVER SAID ANYTHING BECAUSE I DIDN'T KNOW IF I HAD THE RIGHT TO, SINCE THEY WERE FRIENDS FIRST. BUT I CAN'T HELP TO BE BOTHERED BY IT. THE THING THAT REALLY BOTHERS ME IS THAT WHENEVER THEY CHILL TOGETHER SHE NEVER TELLS ME. I ALWAYS FIND OUT FROM HIM.

HE ACTUALLY CALLED ME TODAY. WE WERE TALKING AND HE SAID HE CHILLED WITH HER OVER THE WEEKEND. WHEN I ASKED HER WHAT SHE DID SHE TOTALLY LEFT HIM OUT OF IT. HE TOLD ME THAT SHE CALLED HIM TODAY AND ASKED HIM IF HE WANTED TO CHILL LATER. NATURALLY HE INVITED ME BUT WHEN I CALLED HER AND ASKED WHAT SHE WOULD BE DOING LATER SHE SAID SHE WAS JUST GOING HOME AND DIDN'T EVEN MENTION THAT SHE HAD TALKED TO HIM. WHAT IS GOING ON? DO YOU THINK SHE'S TRYING TO GET WITH HIM OR MAYBE SHE ALREADY HAS. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. PLEASE HELP!

• 1 month later...

i think your friend definitely wants him. her friendship seems unsincere and she acts as if she is angry at you about something. i think that there may be a jealousy issue with your friend. there are a lot of girls in the world like this--i know from experience. did she introduce the two of you? maybe she has liked him from the beginning and set you and your ex bf up together as a test to see if he would go for you. she probably, was hoping from the beginning that he'd reject you and end up confessing his "true feelings" about her. when he didn't, she probably realized he never liked her in the first place and became jealous of you.

bottom line:

if your friend knows you still care about him and is obviously in pursuit of him. you need to let her go. she sounds very backstabbing. also, i noticed that he always tells you when they hang out and she doesn't. could it be that he invites you also and she doesn't tell you in order to purposely leave you out of it so she can have him to herself? he seems like he's still interested. your "friend", is sad and needs to get a life.

• 5 years later...

Thing is, you split up two months ago - so there's not much you can do. I know a friend going after another friend's ex is not cool but sometimes you can't stop feelings and if she now has feelings for him... well... it sounds like she knows you probably wouldn't like it so she is trying to avoid mentioning it to you. She doesn't want things to get awkward between you so is not talking about it.