To DTR or not to DTR?

bambii

I'm 21 and he is 26, we've been dating for just under 4 months but he was out of the country for 6 weeks. We declared that we are exclusive very early on and have told each other that we like one another (ugh sounds like I'm in high school again) but notice else has happened. He still calls me his friend and rarely holds my hand when out other than if we've been drinking (then he is very affectionate and just plain adorably sweet). He's never been with someone longer than 6 months and has never been in love but is not closed off to the idea of either, so should I have the talk with him or should I wait till he does? Is so how?

You are exclusive....what else do you need to define? And he was gone 6/16 weeks....so really, 10 weeks of face time.

Relax.

Yeah...I think you need to give it a little more time before you press the issue of defining that relationship. You like what you have...just enjoy it for what it is for now.

I'm 21 and he is 26, we've been dating for just under 4 months but he was out of the country for 6 weeks. We declared that we are exclusive very early on and have told each other that we like one another (ugh sounds like I'm in high school again) but notice else has happened. He still calls me his friend and rarely holds my hand when out other than if we've been drinking (then he is very affectionate and just plain adorably sweet). He's never been with someone longer than 6 months and has never been in love but is not closed off to the idea of either, so should I have the talk with him or should I wait till he does? Is so how?

He just may not be all that affectionate. If this important to you uoi might want to share that with him. Don't be surprised if he will confirm what I just said. Like others here you need to have more patience around defining your relationship.

Define the relationship... hrrmm....?

Bigger question is what will "defining" anything even mean? Seeing as you've already done so "very early on." Does that mean that he now has to watch his vocabulary and make sure he prepends "girl" to "friend" correctly, as well as hold your hands -X- times a day so you feel better being with him?

As others have said, relax and enjoy the time spent together

Archived