Well, i have definitely "moved on"

well, actually i still think about him but it is only becuase i can not believe that i was with him for so long. He broke up with me, i was crushed, lost about 10lbs, always called him crying, he would ask me to go to breakfast with him, even though he knew he would not get back with me. He would then make passes at me, wanting to get physical, i thinking that "ok if we are physical he wants to get back with me" so then after we were done "messing around" he would tell me. "Now just becuase we did this does not mean we will get back together" so i would start to cry, then we would go our separate ways, then i would call him crying, i would go to his house, and then the same thing would happen all over again, except sometimes he would tell me "well, i have a girl coming over so you have to go" then i would cry some more, he would say she is just a friend, i would feel better, until i see pictures of them on the internet at a New Years eve party that they went to together, when he told me him and his best friend were going out of town to his cousins house...and all along he was with this girl at this party in my home town. He even told me to call him at 12 so we could talk when the new years comes in, but i called and his phone was off! OMG!!!

I AM OVER HIM!!! I WANT TO MAKE THIS CLEAR but he still holds my energy,it does not hurt anymore, i do not want to be with him, he is a lier, and an arrogant pig.

When we were together and happy we had bought plane tickets to europe, so we ended up breaking up, but we went to europe together anyways cuz it was alot of money....and we had a good time as friends, but i knew i did not ever want to be with him again for sure, he did not know i had finally come to this conlusion over our trip, so once we got home, i changed my cell number and never gave him my new one. but i wish that i could just release him altogether, and not even think about how he disgusts me so much. I am dating someone new, who i really like, but i just wish i could stop thinking about my ex in such a bad way. I am completely over him, in fact i almost threw up when i bumped into him with my new guy at a "get-together" i just want him to disapear in my mind and forget about him. But i do not know when this will happen! or how to do this....gosh does anyone know how to do this???

ok thats all, hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

Dear Mimi,

from my experience, you are not truly over a guy until you feel nothing when you think of him. If you are still feeling angry & resentful, feelingso f hatered, anything like that, than while you may be progressing, you are still not 100% over him.

Only when I saw my ex(es) or thought of them and felt nothing (no anger, no sadness, no animosity, no hate, no love) did I know I was truly over them.

Good luck, and keep progressing.

Mimi,

Just my thoughts on what you wrote: It takes time to get over a painful experience. Simply takes time...nothing will make it go faster...just takes time. I know from my own experience that we never heal as fast as we'd like.

To your other point about forgetting him....Personally, I believe that we are mainly a collection of our experiences. Our relationships, both good and bad, have a drastic effect on who we are, and to deny the person who brought about this change would be to deny a part of ourselves. Only after a lot of heartache and pain did I come to this realization, and hopefully, with time, the pain will subside and you will see the good parts of the relationship instead of the bad parts.

Good luck and happy holidays,

bdub