Is this way ok?

Mrscooter

I've had a crush on this girl for about 3 years now and we've been friends for 2.5. We've done cross country and track in that time. I know her family really well. She's had 2 boyfriends in that time, one being my good friend and the other I've gotten to known in Photo.

Idea #1: I was thinking of asking her to the Winter Formal dance. I was going to go to her house at like 5 and give her a ring (not a expensive one) and ask her. We've been friends and she knows I've liked her for years and she's seen my many rejections, stand ups, and one of my dance dates ditch me.

Idea #2: go as a UPS guy and give the ring in the box. and make her sign for it on a paper that says, "Will you go to winter formal with me?"

Is the way too cheesy or stupid or somehting like that?

Ask her to the dance...but I think the ring is going a bit overboard...save that for if you two end up in a relationship as more than friends...if she isn't interested in you...it could make things very awkward...

bring her flowers when you pick her up...and during a slow dance tell her what's been on your mind...

Forget the idea with the ring. My concern is that she knows you have liked her for a while and she hasnt done anything about it. Seems a lil odd to me, while you have had a crush on her, has she shown any interest in you besides friends? My point is that there is no use having a crush on this girl if she isnt even interested in you, then it would serve no purpose for you to ask her to do the dance because all it will do is get your hopes up. If i were you I would ask another girl to go to formal with you as friends and see what happens.

Do you normally give her presents? If not, don't go with the ring idea (esp. since you said you don't mind just going with her as friends). If you give the ring and ask at the same time then it's very clear for her that you want to be more than friends, and if she doesn't want that then it'd be awkward.

I agree with the other poster that you should get her to dance with you and see how she feels. Also, don't assume she knows that you have a crush on her forever. She might have doubts too if you're not obvious. (she might have known you liked her, but she might not be sure if you still like her now) So this will be a good opportunity for you to show her you're still interested, and see how she responds. Good luck!

And as a reply to your original question, i think asking in person is better than UPS guy. But it might depend on the girl...

I like idea #1. However, as many of the others have said, you need to nix the ring until you're actually in a relationship and are getting serious about her. Giving a lady ring brings engagement and marriage to mind (even if that isn't your intent); and, that would most likely scare off a girl you've never dated.