Kind of person for you

hey all,

Jus somethin that came to mind, thought i'l ask for ur opinions too:

There are 2 options as to the kind of partner you can get , which one would you choose and why:

Option 1

He/She is extremly attractive, has a very good reputation, they r well educated, are smart, charming. In other words they r mint in every way. But ur connection with them is not THAT strong. The love is there but its not very deep. You guys have ur misunderstandings and trust issues n everything.

Option 2

He/She is decent looking, have an ok reputation, ok educated, smart, have made some mistakes in the past. Dont have the best qualities. But u and them have a good connection, u guys r deeply in love and the understanding and trust is jus superb.

I guess you can knw wut im trying to say.

Which one would you choose? and why?

I think you would have to say option 2. usually the stronger the feeling and connection at the start of a relationship is a reasonable indicator of whether it will be a success or not. Having said that it is possible that your feelings for a person will grow stronger as you get to know them during a relationship. It probably comes down to the qualities you are looking for in the person you want to be with. e.g do you for example put more weight on how successful they are or more weight on how much trust you feel.

don't know. It is not an easy one. When in doubt I think you have to follow your heart, not your head.

Hi Pal,

I guess this is a difficult choice to make. Option 2 sounds much stable and suitable to u, but to ask u to make that choice would be hard on u, coz..

Option 1 attractiveness ratings are much more than option 2, and sometimes u may end up doubting option 2 reputation as option 2 had so much Shadowed past, with so many mistakes in them.

I still stick with option 2 if i were u, coz i always believe trust issue is not easy to work it out, so since it is there, it must mean something. U can ask urself a bit more, u will feel secure when u are with option 2.

Thanks for reading..

Easy, option 2.

It's the connection and understanding that is the foundation of any lasting, meaningful relationship. Looks, reputation, education, are nice but they don't guarantee the relationship lasts. If the connection is there then you will see the other person as attractive no matter how much they fit they sterotypical vision of attractive. Everyone has made mistakes so that should be irrelevant. If you trust and understand each other then odds are the person does have good qualities. There will be misunderstandings in any relationship. But if you connect with the person then you will take the time to work things out and the relationship will be stronger because of it. Without that strong connection the first hint of problems could lead to a breakup as the couple doesn't have there heart into making things better.

attractiveness fades,

reputations change,

jobs are lost and gained,

accidents happen,

health isn't for sure,

education sometimes doesn't matter,

we don't really have control though we think we do,

Which option would let you get through all those things and still stay together?

Which option values things that lasting and significant no matter how the externals change?

I would absolutely go with option #2 if I were looking for a lifelong partner to spend my life with. Trust, understanding, and love are among the most important aspects of a long-term relationship.

However...

I think I, along with most other people, would probably date the option #1 person over the option #2 person if I was just looking to have some fun. After all, looks, personality, etc. are the first things we notice about another person, so that's the person we're going to be more attracted to. After a while, though, if the love, understanding, and trust weren't there, the relationship would end (leaving me to find that option #2 person ....).